Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Marky said:

You muppet

Half those chips are all for RB25 or Z32 AFM\'s anyway aren\'t they? It\'s prob way on the piss regardless, I\'ve seen some shocking tunes on those (like dropping 50hp from stock tune type shocking, lols)

Or it might be mint and you\'ve actually got 85psi base pressure without knowing it

No hotter plugs won\'t fix the issue BTW - tho an RB20 AFM might be a fix if its across the board rich

Was able to determine what tune it is (done in stages) because we know it had a tune for a t28 and that tune still uses stock afm. The afm it come with was an sr20 one. Look identical just different part numbers.

Good point about the fuel pressure i will put a pressure gauge in it just to be certain it\'s okay

Rosssub']

[quote name='Aurai said:

Is there a way to subscribe to threads other than just bookmarking them in my browser?

I access the forums off a couple of devices and Id like to be able to find them/ be notified of a new post as long as I\'m logged in?

/quote]

Use the \'Notify\' option, next to \'Reply\' to post etc.

*facepalm, thanks, xD I tried it on one thread, and It asked if I wanted to disable notifications, guess I was already subscribed to that one xD

Rosssub']

anyone knows if i can replace the HID lights of the stock sti headlights? im doing a conversion on my wrx and the lights that i am purchasing does not come with the oem ballast so i will need a new one or buy a full set

So your WRX has non HID Lights.

You have brought some HID Lights for it, with no Ballasts?

yes my wrx has the H4 bulbs. and yes i bought a set of sti headlights that are HID type but doesnt come with the oem ballasts :)

Sweet. As Madmike said:

[quote name='madmike said:

Whoops

/quote]

Yes, you\'ll need the Matching Ballast. ;D

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2352621

Could you not use say one of these and rewire to suit

http://www.hella.co.nz/3-220/product/spare-parts-and-accessories

if needed you could add one of these that fit

http://www.hella.co.nz/3-495/product/Xenon-Gas-Discharge-Bulbs-(HID)

you may find that the "aftermarket" HID kits from say trade me will be all H4/H1 or similar to fit "normal" headlights

Thinking of just getting me the aftermarket hid lights to replace the bulbs and have everything new. Talked to a guy in trademe that specializes in lights and said he can provide the entire kit to suit. Just waiting on the harness and see how it goes ;D

Does anyone know why I might have a whizzing/humming sorta sound coming from around the passenger wheel arch/foot well. Really loud in cabin at idle can\'t seem to find anything in the engine bay. Car also still having vacuum problems but I\'m 99% sure I\'ve got everything up tight ect... It\'s definitely engine related sounds like a massive vacuum leak or something

Have recently installed a large twisted turbo setup with split fuel rails using a factory regulator remote mounted. My thoughts are leaning towards potentially having a leaking external wastegate. The spring I\'m using in it was just something I retro fitted so wondering if it\'s not seating properly or not enough pressure to hold it closed or something. But it wasn\'t doing this before split rails mod..

The other thought I had was I never blocked the 3rd fuel line which I was told was fine but maybe it needs to be blocked off(it has something to do with the carbon can thing apparently)

For the split fuel rail mod. Will any fuel rail work(providing injectors/manifolds match up) i.e. a non turbo one? Just curious as I have a spare N/A manifold (with pinkish red injectors off a bg/bd 2l which I thought was odd colouring) and wasnt sure if the fpr on the rail was calibrated different for different rails etc.

slystiguy said:

Does anyone know why I might have a whizzing/humming sorta sound coming from around the passenger wheel arch/foot well. Really loud in cabin at idle can\'t seem to find anything in the engine bay. Car also still having vacuum problems but I\'m 99% sure I\'ve got everything up tight ect... It\'s definitely engine related sounds like a massive vacuum leak or something

Have recently installed a large twisted turbo setup with split fuel rails using a factory regulator remote mounted. My thoughts are leaning towards potentially having a leaking external wastegate. The spring I\'m using in it was just something I retro fitted so wondering if it\'s not seating properly or not enough pressure to hold it closed or something. But it wasn\'t doing this before split rails mod..

The other thought I had was I never blocked the 3rd fuel line which I was told was fine but maybe it needs to be blocked off(it has something to do with the carbon can thing apparently)

Did you have the Exhaust Manifold off for the Conversion? It\'s not an Exhaust Gasket Leak around Cylinder 4 is it?

94 Leone said:

For the split fuel rail mod. Will any fuel rail work(providing injectors/manifolds match up) i.e. a non turbo one? Just curious as I have a spare N/A manifold (with pinkish red injectors off a bg/bd 2l which I thought was odd colouring) and wasnt sure if the fpr on the rail was calibrated different for different rails etc.

AFAIK, all OEM Regulators are the same?

I tried to do the above and use NA rails. They may work for you but check the bolt pattern as it was different than my rs legacy rails. I ended up using phase 1 yellows in the factory rail. That was on a bc legacy (first gen) with the phase one manifold. I asked around and searched around regarding the differences between FPR on the turbo an NA but no one could give me a definite answer

Don\'t think exhaust leak as I just had the exhaust modified by a shop and they probably would\'ve mentioned it if they\'d noticed it. It\'s really strange. I\'ll have to have a tinker when the weather gets better. It\'s pretty much gotta be a vacuum leak some how. The noise hasn\'t always been there and I think it may have started when I changed the wastegate spring. I barely drive it because no cert so it\'s hard to pin point which mod has made the problem appear

The boost gauge is part of the EBC so it has a line running straight to the unit. It\'s only just been put in so I\'ll double check but I don\'t think that\'s the issue

So, everyone sells full turbo back systems for the NZ 2.5 ej257 08+ GRB sti\'s.

But no one seems to sell them for the JDM GRB sti with the ej207. The down pipe is the hard bit presuming its all the same catback?

- redline performance told me "no one in NZ sells them".

So i was wondering;

Would a downpipe from a v7-10 sti fit since its still an ej207? Or does the twin scroll turbo have a different flange/ bolt pattern/ something else? Or would it not fit as its a different chassis?

If not would the GRB ej257 single scroll pipe fit?

Anyone know where to get the right pipe?

you could try japanese yahoo auctions maybe?

The aus guys seem to get a lot of stuff through yahoo, you may be able to pick one up used relatively cheap that way. With that being said, everytime I look on yahoo auctions for something small they all go for outrageous prices so YMMV.

bnneie']

[quote name='sobanoodle said:

Direct bolt-on, will sit higher than stock.

/quote]

Fuuuuuuar, how much higher :-\

Not a lot, You can try one of my v4 seats if you like?

I wanna change to v7 interior at some point

ADIKT']

[quote name='sobanoodle said:

Direct bolt-on, will sit higher than stock.

/quote]

Fuuuuuuar, how much higher :-\

Not a lot, You can try one of my v4 seats if you like?

I wanna change to v7 interior at some point

That\'d be awesome man, will send yah a PM

Just curious if anyone knows are any of the v5/6 J2 ecu\'s obd2 compliant? Would like to be able to log with torque and such, my A7 doesn\'t support obd2 logging, just trying to figure if I can source an ecu that would let me.

The voices in my head told me to...

94 Leone said:

Just curious if anyone knows are any of the v5/6 J2 ecu\'s obd2 compliant? Would like to be able to log with torque and such, my A7 doesn\'t support obd2 logging, just trying to figure if I can source an ecu that would let me.

The voices in my head told me to...

Nah, J2 are the same as A7. Need to go Version 7 up I think, or V8?

v5/6 is SSM compliant, not obd2.

plug fits, software doesnt.

you need an ssm capable cable, either tactrix or obdkey, and romraider or similar software to log.

yes, it will log, but not reflash.

don\'t even bother looking for a vagcom cable, or one of those little bluetooth obd2 chips, they all use an elm327 chip which doesnt work with japan import subies pre can-bus

• Guest locked this topic