Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

lachlan said:

these ones are pretty good .

actually have the reach etc yeah youll still have to drive on planks but its the price u pay for a stupid low car

647580.jpg

http://www.toolandindustrial.co.nz/shop/item.aspx/powerbuilt-jack-3ton-low-profile-prof-jack/280/

I\'ve had two of these... utter rubbish. The first one I took back because it was leaking hydraulic fluid...

they replaced the seals... and it did the same thing after a few weeks. The second I took back the

same day and got a refund... it went up smoothly, but came down in fits and starts.

While on the "Cheap Sh*t" topic, I\'ve been looking at cheap engine stands.

I was originally considering a 2000lb Stand (900kg), for $215 delivered:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/building-renovation/tools/other/auction-713838643.htm

295587101.jpg

But after reading this Load Testing, of various Budget Rated Stands:

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/hrdp_1112_budget_engine_stands/

I\'m going for one of these 1000lb (450kg), for $136.90 delivered:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/industrial/hoists-jacks/auction-712968396.htm

300457846.jpg

Rosssub']

[quote name='Roo said:

I got one that was like 90 or 100 bucks. Worked fine for me has held an ej20 and a ca18

/quote]

Where was that from Roo? Cheapest in town here is over $200 and looks worse than the Trademe job.

Just got it off trademe from savebarn (in christchurch i think)

Just had a quick search and couldn\'t find any now though

anyone knows if i can replace the HID lights of the stock sti headlights? im doing a conversion on my wrx and the lights that i am purchasing does not come with the oem ballast so i will need a new one or buy a full set

scylar said:

anyone knows if i can replace the HID lights of the stock sti headlights? im doing a conversion on my wrx and the lights that i am purchasing does not come with the oem ballast so i will need a new one or buy a full set

So your WRX has non HID Lights.

You have brought some HID Lights for it, with no Ballasts?

Rosssub']

[quote name='scylar said:

/quote]

yes my wrx has the H4 bulbs. and yes i bought a set of sti headlights that are HID type but doesnt come with the oem ballasts :)

scylar']

[quote name='scylar said:

/quote]

yes my wrx has the H4 bulbs. and yes i bought a set of sti headlights that are HID type but doesnt come with the oem ballasts :)

Whoops

scylar']

Sweet. As Madmike said:

[quote name='madmike said:

Whoops

Yes, you\'ll need the Matching Ballast. ;D

url=http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2352621]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2352621[/url]

Rosssub']

Sweet. As Madmike said:

[quote name='madmike said:

Whoops

/quote]

Yes, you\'ll need the Matching Ballast. ;D

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2352621

thanks. have read that. but can i change the HID set into aftermarket ones? like same bulb size but a different kit altogether?

Rosssub']

[quote name='Roo said:

Has anybody had success from going to a hotter plug on something that fouls plugs often?

/quote]

How quick are they Fouling? VTA BOV?

I\'ve driven less than 50k, no bov lol

Roo']

[quote name='Roo said:

Has anybody had success from going to a hotter plug on something that fouls plugs often?

/quote]

If they\'re Standard Range Plugs, it must be over-fuelling big time? Are they all fouling the same?

Rosssub']

[quote name='Roo said:

/quote]

If they\'re Standard Range Plugs, it must be over-fuelling big time? Are they all fouling the same?

Yeah they are standard and it\'s running a generic ecu chip.

Think the only way around the problem will be an safc or similar :/

Can you just get a stock ecu instead or maybe its the wrong afm for the chip

Or a decent tune, lols - nzefi do the niztune daughterboard stuff and it works mint

Or get super extreme and put a one way valve on the fuel reg pressure feed, remember ping is powah

Is there a way to subscribe to threads other than just bookmarking them in my browser?

I access the forums off a couple of devices and Id like to be able to find them/ be notified of a new post as long as I\'m logged in?

Marky said:

Or a decent tune, lols - nzefi do the niztune daughterboard stuff and it works mint

Or get super extreme and put a one way valve on the fuel reg pressure feed, remember ping is powah

Could be idk, the number for the afm that come with it wasn\'t consistent with the motor i have. Had one spare that was correct for the motor though.

Threw the other in the pile of like 5 identical looking afm\'s but with different numbers and now idk which one it is lol

Have a stock ecu but am dubious of its condition since it doesn\'t work.

Not too phased about getting carried away with an expensive tune it\'s a dirty CA, i would spend the money had it been an SR20. Gets up and boogies as it is just seems to be too rich over the rest of the map lol

Aurai said:

Is there a way to subscribe to threads other than just bookmarking them in my browser?

I access the forums off a couple of devices and Id like to be able to find them/ be notified of a new post as long as I\'m logged in?

Use the \'Notify\' option, next to \'Reply\' to post etc.

Roo']

[quote name='Marky said:

/quote]

Could be idk, the number for the afm that come with it wasn\'t consistent with the motor i have. Had one spare that was correct for the motor though.

Threw the other in the pile of like 5 identical looking afm\'s but with different numbers and now idk which one it is lol

Have a stock ecu but am dubious of its condition since it doesn\'t work.

Not too phased about getting carried away with an expensive tune it\'s a dirty CA, i would spend the money had it been an SR20. Gets up and boogies as it is just seems to be too rich over the rest of the map lol

Could you open the AFM\'s to look at the Boards etc? Or compare resistance to see if one stands out?

You muppet

Half those chips are all for RB25 or Z32 AFM\'s anyway aren\'t they? It\'s prob way on the piss regardless, I\'ve seen some shocking tunes on those (like dropping 50hp from stock tune type shocking, lols)

Or it might be mint and you\'ve actually got 85psi base pressure without knowing it

No hotter plugs won\'t fix the issue BTW - tho an RB20 AFM might be a fix if its across the board rich

• Guest locked this topic