Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

sorry it hadn\'t been bled yet as it was the first time i started the car after replacing the hose.so the coolant system was pretty empty

1)removed split 90 degree oil cooler hose and coolant..

2)replaced with new hose..

3)started car and it ran normal for 5 seconds then check engine came on and so did the fans for a minute.then light disappeared and so did the fans after putting in some more coolant..

4)bled it and runs fine

just found that strange,might be a safety precaution.

I changed my o2 sensor in the weekend i have to take my tmic off to get to it so its a mission.

Now i don\'t have any check engine light coming on but its still surging like fark any idea what i could do to fix this i\'ve reset my computer with the plugs and the battery but no change.

also is my car OB2 as i asked a friend to put it on his computer and was asked if mine was OB2 i didn\'t know what that meant.

QRAF said:

I changed my o2 sensor in the weekend i have to take my tmic off to get to it so its a mission.

Now i don\'t have any check engine light coming on but its still surging like fark any idea what i could do to fix this i\'ve reset my computer with the plugs and the battery but no change.

also is my car OB2 as i asked a friend to put it on his computer and was asked if mine was OB2 i didn\'t know what that meant.

Yip its OBD2. Ports down by your right knee iirc. Just use the plugs under the dash to reset it and check codes tho.

You checked all the piping you had off?

yeah checked all the hoses and checked for fault codes but there are none.

my workmate said its because I\'ve gone to a split fuel rail setup and the computer can\'t control the gas input so its surging and i need to get a link. Is this true or just a v8 owner talking shit?

Knock sensor shouldnt make it surge like mad (*shouldn\'t* but subarus can be retarded with it) - if in doubt unplug it and see if problem changes / persists maybe?

Cam sensor it wouldn\'t run without - its how it knows what RPM the car is doing - if it was doing crazy stuff the thing would be all over ths show not just surgey

Heaps of surging I\'d - normally - look at either an air leak or an AFM fault - 02 sensor you can self test in seconds, just put a multimeter onto the plug itself and check the voltage is swinging up and down at idle (if you listen real close you can hear the idle change note in time with it going rich-lean-rich) - no need for "trial by replacement" with 02 sensors, simplest thing to diagnose

like the car is jerking not just a smooth increase in speed.

like rocking backwards and forwards on your chair at work feeling.

no codes does it when you thrash it or cruise think I\'m going to go for wingers for a quote if my mate has no idea.

I have a spare AFM I could mail down to you at a pinch? (Yours is a V5 right?)

I know I do the broken record thing on them a bit but its such a common thing for them to do which I don\'t think you\'ve ruled out yt?

Marky said:

I have a spare AFM I could mail down to you at a pinch? (Yours is a V5 right?)

I know I do the broken record thing on them a bit but its such a common thing for them to do which I don\'t think you\'ve ruled out yt?

I\'ll give anything a try once :P "within reason" better say that just in case the smart ass comes out of the works.

yeah ver5

in hamiltron

QRAF']

[quote name='evowrx said:

They are the same thing. You can trust me on that one its not bullsh*t.

/quote]i have a 90mm one as its a nz new is that still sweet?

There is no other option there is nothing special about nz new in that case or rev a or b or c for that matter or sti or non sti or v5 or v6.

The number is on the tube not the actual afm. There is only one option on those above jobbies.

Marky said:

Part number on mine is C36-700 R92 (I had it by my desk, conveniently)

If yours is too then yay we\'re AFM buddies

As above is the equivalent of what jack and the beanstalk is to barrack obama - no relation.

evowrx']

[quote name='Marky said:

Part number on mine is C36-700 R92 (I had it by my desk, conveniently)

If yours is too then yay we\'re AFM buddies

/quote]

As above is the equivalent of what jack and the beanstalk is to barrack obama - no relation.

What

• Guest locked this topic