Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

lachlan said:

the mbl8 is pretty cheap .

think its like 40 something for a bottle but that will do like 3 engines and a couple of gear boxs and it actually works

3 x 17 = fail

isnt a ej20r shim over bucket lifters ? so lifter cleaner will do SFA ?

sure its not just the injectors slappin around ?

Quantity of mbl8 depends on engine size. Also for single use $17 > $40

Jimbob said:

ae the cambelts on legacies from 93-98 the same? i know tensioners are different

Have seen 2 different belt lengths on the quad cam, one for the earlier type and one for the later with the extra idler by the tensioner bearing. Unless it has the extra skinny idler it will be the same as the earlier ones.

• Admin

should power steering ever be affected by braking?

i\'ve started noticing recently that if i brake late into a sharp corner the steering gets considerably heavier, don\'t really want to go vac leak hunting if i don\'t have to

Andy_Mac said:

should power steering ever be affected by braking?

i\'ve started noticing recently that if i brake late into a sharp corner the steering gets considerably heavier, don\'t really want to go vac leak hunting if i don\'t have to

Probably more of an alignment issue as the powersteering shouldn\'t be affected by vacuum.

• Admin

Na allignment should be sweet as it was done less than 1000k ago. Might check out cv\'s though as i got a mechanic to change a torn boot and i\'m not convinced he actually checked whether there was any damage before chucking more grease in and new boot

• General Member

Anyone know whats so special about an "Osaka" RB20DET. I get the RB20DET bit but I have seen so many people list there RB as an "Osaka" and I dont know what thats all about. closest I can figure is made in Osaka Japan? Duno why that would make difference though.

Johnnynz said:

Anyone know whats so special about an "Osaka" RB20DET. I get the RB20DET bit but I have seen so many people list there RB as an "Osaka" and I dont know what thats all about. closest I can figure is made in Osaka Japan? Duno why that would make difference though.

means it came from osaka imports .

http://www.osaka.co.nz/

eg its a fresh engine conversion . from a crashed car in japan with 2 million kays on it

boon said:

I\'m about 70% sure my front left has a slowish leak.

a. How to confirm?

b. Does this come under the free puncture repairs most tyre places do?

have you put spit on the valve to make sure its not that ?

spray soapy water on the bead on each side and check for bubbles / find something big enough and dunk it right under water

b depends how crafty and what the tire place is like .

stop right outside and let it mostly down and drive in . then ask them to help / prolly works best if you get the mrs to do that tho

• General Member
 lachlan']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

/quote]

eg its a fresh engine conversion . from a crashed car in japan with 2 million kays on it

I\'m so disappointed. The way people wank on about it I was expecting forger goodness at least.

boon said:

a. How to confirm?

I have a slow leak in my left front as well, took it in and bugger cracked rim :( bloody 20"s on the Hilux

• Admin
 We are borg']

[quote name='boon said:

a. How to confirm?

/quote]

I have a slow leak in my left front as well, took it in and bugger cracked rim :( bloody 20"s on the Hilux

I said ages ago that thing needs some 15x10 steelies and 33x12.5\'s at the very least :)

lachlan']

/quote]

I used to go over to Japan and get car parts for a part time job. Most of the Cars we wreaked had very little Kms, so little people never used to believe us when I told the Kms.

Now days you can just ring up and order a Container full of engines and parts and have it sent over to you.

We are borg']

[quote name='boon said:

a. How to confirm?

/quote]

properly applied kneed it will hold air ....

D-Style']

/quote]

I used to go over to Japan and get car parts for a part time job. Most of the Cars we wreaked had very little Kms, so little people never used to believe us when I told the Kms.

Now days you can just ring up and order a Container full of engines and parts and have it sent over to you.

yeah i havent heard any horror stories on engines .

every turbo toyota will need a full seal kit period

have seen first hand some of the abominations that get auctioned as whole cars

range rover sport with a whole guard made from sheet metal and one coil strut with 3 airbags . airbag cut out of steering wheel and bogged over

audi s6 that had been rolled and had over an inch of bog on every pillar and the roof . plenum had weld repairing where it had hit the road

boon']

[quote name='boon said:

a. How to confirm?

/quote]

I said ages ago that thing needs some 15x10 steelies and 33x12.5\'s at the very least :)

Yeah nah :)

Although the 15" with some good AT\'s on it would be better off road, the 20\'s make it a weapon on road, and as I do a fair bit of road running I will get the 20 repaired ( about $200 which is still cheaper than 1200 for a set of 15 and tires )

Not one of the HRC35 holset jobs is it? Looks big enough

Positioning of everything (wastegate, angle of the covers etc) looks like RB placed stuff

Weird it does have XR6 stamped on it though - Wouldn\'t fit an XR6 as the exh flange is wrong aaaand wastegate would be hitting the alternator

but anyway

• Guest locked this topic