Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ride upgrade or not????

Fully agree, I daily my STi aswell. Upgraded from a 94 civic sir to a 97 v4 sti. It's been a perfect daily, way better on gas than I expected too. Currently getting approximately 160-175 kms from $40 of 98. Has one of those fuelstar units in it so I guess that helps with the economy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Navin said:

Fully agree, I daily my STi aswell. Upgraded from a 94 civic sir to a 97 v4 sti. It's been a perfect daily, way better on gas than I expected too. Currently getting approximately 160-175 kms from $40 of 98. Has one of those fuelstar units in it so I guess that helps with the economy.

Yeah i get close to 180km to $40 as well, they good cars if you dont put the foot down to hard

• General Member
 Navin said:

Fuelstar unit??? Please dont tell me its one of those magnetic things that supposedly helps fuel economy.

It's excellent, I expected a much higher fuel bill. Filled up $40 from the fuel light, got 170kms before it came on again. Around 150k's was city driving, 20 on the motorway. Previous owner said he noticed a decent power increase too but i didn't drive the car before he put it in so can't comment on that.

kwi_fozze said:

going from a 1993 skyline to my 2000 foz was an amazing step... the increase in comfort was insane...

then i noticed the body roll. moding began, now its a fairly rough ride, but MILES better than the skyline ever was

More sleeper too

I went from a 96 BG5 Legacy with a rooted o2 sensor to an 01 Impreza STI and loving it, $50 gas gets us exactly 200km which is a mixture of around town and motorway driving including some decent boosting. As per someone previous comment the only downside is being worried about little scratches etc from people who don't know how to park.

istarted with gravel express like a wrx wagon which was alright first car beter the my brothers 99 b4. 8.5 km/l on hills, and a 99holden rodoe 2.8td 4wd for farm work but that was guttless and thirsty so got rid of it for a navara stx 2.5 td which goes wicked for desiel and got a 2005 wrx sti 2.5l with the fuelstar fitted goes hard does about 9km/l on hilly middlemarch so about 11 to 12km/l to chrischurch from dunedin and im heavy footed aswell 8)

wow 500 bucks is a wack in your wallet, good job it was fitted. altho i wonder if it works. i get prity good mileage out of my 94 wrx considering i drive like i stole it most of the time hehe. but for the performance i cant complain. i have had a few cars and i can say 4 me Subaru :) hit the nail on the head with the wrx.

Fuelstar ?

Car crime right there.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

WRXONP said:

upgraded from 97 wrx to a 90 skyline....upgrade lol

lol duno bout that bro your wagon was sik,

the new one needs abit of work.

itl be a upgrade when shes all tuned !!

sti8u']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

upgraded from 97 wrx to a 90 skyline....upgrade lol

/quote]

lol duno bout that bro your wagon was sik,

the new one needs abit of work.

itl be a upgrade when shes all tuned !!

mate shes all ready a upgrade...

the cylinders havent fallen over so shes mint !!!

plus u allways said me wagon was gay as LOL why the change of heart

lol nah i said i never was a fan of wagons.but your was sweet.nah skylines are fun.but theres too many of them around,

marc and spencer will confirm that from the meetup on friday in town lol.

sti8u said:

lol nah i said i never was a fan of wagons.but your was sweet.nah skylines are fun.but theres too many of them around,

marc and spencer will confirm that from the meetup on friday in town lol.

LOL im not sticking around here having a pointless argument but go for a drive count how many subarus you see.. be it any model subaru... count how many skylines you see.......

theres hundreds of subarus...hardly any decent ones... theres fuck all skylines...

Come back to south Auckland there's hundreds of em infect they outnumber all of us in our car club probably half the club have skylines nothing wrong with that or owning any car we drive what we all drive it's how you drive that makes a difference