Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

I need new headers. What to buy?

Just after some opinions on what headers I should buy? Also where you can get them from and a rough price. I have heard good things about the SSI ones from japrace, Don't really know what else is out there and worth buying?

I have a set of the factory ones at home which may get me through my next wof but would like to get some aftermarket ones asap

hmmmmmmm could be interested. Depends on condition.(dont want to have to replace them in 6months sorta thing) Pics would be good though :) and in chch would be mint

Mine have holes in them, How easy is it to fix headers?I'm guessing you would brush them back and reweld the joins? I think the guy who had my car before probably tried to do this once before because it looks like abit of a whorey job haha

can anyone suggest a site to look over these gt spec headers

JoKer said:

speedfreak did you come to mega meet?

slysti ditto?

no didnt make it out, was hoping too but engine building at the moment and getting ready for partners racing as well(she races at speedway) pretty much killed the whole weekend

will get pics tonight, they look ok, changed colour with heat but not sure how to tell if any good, seam fine and were ok when i removed them, would have put them back on if not for sump

generally supposed to be very good.

they are tuned and very honda sounding (you decide if thats good or bad).

and they have a very high collector for the last 2-1 joint, that is - they dont specifically have an 'uppipe', its a complete header design to the turbo so modifying them for a twisted VF flanged or other turbo at any stage is a real PITA.

chulozumo said:

Anyone know what those syms 4-2-1 headers are like?

There's usually a few sets of them floating around...

Have you got yours on yet bro??

Funky, it wouldnt so much be a PITA to twist... just need to cut the old vf flange off and re-weld it on twisted.

heres a pic of the syms ones i sold to chulozumo a while ago.

223778_10150321646020932_556590931_98470

ive wondered the same thing. the say semi tuned or full length. i know there are some out there that dont sound very subi like. as i would like to upgrade myne but still want it to have the subi noise

Had Syms on the old car, actually noticed that the bottom end off-boost response was a lot better. To call the sound "Honda" is a bit of a disservice. There's no rumble, but they sound, for lack of a better word, "tuned". Great headers, but a real PITA to fit due to the integrated uppipe and high 2-1 join as Funky has alluded to.

The $800ish SSI ones are actually pretty good quality, I've got a mate who's had 2 sets on 2 different cars now, They have a really good collector, which is ment to make more power by working like a venturi and help scavenging power. Basiclly the longer and tidier the "spike" on the inside where all 4 runners meet, the better they will work.

The 2 bolt uppipe flange versions can warp so the 3 bolt ones are always better, but once machined flat again they seem to be ok

I'm running ported modified factory manifold as Im only aiming for 250kw but if I were chasing more I'd probably go for some GT Spec ones from the US of A

Haha.... Yeah i had quite a few people ask what motor was in it when i had those headers on..

It did sound very very different..

I didn't really like the sound either.

And that run was really slow and messy, It was basicly the sighting run. My next two runs were 10 seconds faster.

• 2 years later...
 madmike said:
Haha.... Yeah i had quite a few people ask what motor was in it when i had those headers on..

It did sound very very different..

I didn't really like the sound either.

And that run was really slow and messy, It was basicly the sighting run. My next two runs were 10 seconds faster.

I'm looking at putting new headers on too... did the xforce ones give good gains?