Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

need a polarizing filter to reduce your reflections :P :P dont know hoe you would do that on a P&S

i always sharpen, the image sensors on cameras have a layer on them for something (ive forgot what lol not the IR filter, something else) and it softens the photos you take, different cameras have different thickness layers so it effects some more than others.

sadly mine has one of the thickest :'(

-smurff

smurff said:

need a polarizing filter to reduce your reflections :P :P dont know hoe you would do that on a P&S

i always sharpen, the image sensors on cameras have a layer on them for something (ive forgot what lol not the IR filter, something else) and it softens the photos you take, different cameras have different thickness layers so it effects some more than others.

sadly mine has one of the thickest :'(

-smurff

You do it to a p&s by throwing it in the bin and getting a real camera ;D Once I actually HAVE money (ZOMG!) I'm getting me a Canon 40D :)

amy - a pro might not use brightness/contrast, but it would also seem a pro cannot tell when her own pic is devirginalised :P ps do you work on marua rd?

nice edit reuben. personally looking at the original i would have changed the hue on the cyan highlights to a darker blue

I didn't look at them other than thumbnails :P My PC doesn't have Photoshop on it, it's also a virgin. Or was, until recently ;D

The original is full of cyan tho ain't it? ;)

And yes, I work on Marua Rd...hopefully not for much longer :P

sultan said:

nice edit reuben. personally looking at the original i would have changed the hue on the cyan highlights to a darker blue

Change hue of the cyans...

I just opened up hue and saturations... And whadaya know, that drop down menu lets you mess with only the cyans. Brilliant!

I just learned something bout PS. cheers for that. ;D

Edit:

Fucken eh, that's a GOOD trick!

Before/after

Guest keltik

I made mine sound like a honda. Oops.

Unfortunately wont be able to fix it for a month so im stuck with it.

keltik said:

I made mine sound like a honda. Oops.

Unfortunately wont be able to fix it for a month so im stuck with it.

how'd you do that?

Guest keltik

Made up a new front Y section. Took all of the cats out and didnt bother putting a resonator in. Will have to wait till i get back from the south island to fix it up.

ReubenH']

[quote name='sultan said:

/quote]

Change hue of the cyans...

I just opened up hue and saturations... And whadaya know, that drop down menu lets you mess with only the cyans. Brilliant!

I just learned something bout PS. cheers for that. ;D

Edit:

****en eh, that's a GOOD trick!

Before/after

You didn't know you could do that? :P

Hurm >D

I would have just cranked out the cyans to a lighter but nearly completely desaturated hue so it took on a more natural reflection from the original... the after shot 404'd so I can't tell if that's what you did or not :P

This is a series of shots that would benefit from being almost completely greyscale, monotone, or overkilled on the saturation IMO :3 Since we are talking photosnot.

depending on the sterio, you can do alot of tuning to them, just adjusting the frequencys for the speakers etc etc, i used to have a cd with tuning tones on it, may still have it, not sure.

-smurff

Its been fitted with a new head unit and rear speakers(by myself)

Just sent it to the shop to get the front components fitted.

She wanted a total stealth install which required some cutting in the doors ( Don't have the tools for that.)

And the tune

Well..

You have adjustable crossovers for the front, Rear and getting the subs frequency setup for the car..

+The head unit also has its own sets of graphic EQ's

It already had 2x Rockford P1's and amp fitted a couple of years ago by me.

So yeah... Getting it tuned...

Guest lan_killa

any audio system needs to be tuned... but you need to have a good ear for it and know what your doing. Anyone can install an audio system and get a LOUD sound from it, but it will probably be an average sound at the higher volumes, which is where the tuning comes into it, get it right and youll be able to wind the volume knob right to the end and have smooth crystal clear sound