Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Guest keltik

Got oilchangers to slam some new diff and gearbox oil in it. They tried convincing me to use synthetic but screw that. That stuffs too expensive. Apparently my gearbox is going to explode immediately because mineral oil is satan.

He lol'ed when i told him id put about 5,000km on the old box with no oil at all...so this one should be fine.

B4 2000']

[quote name='sharktale said:

poured in $125.54 of fuel and drained it within 265kms haha.......that sucked ars

/quote]

:| geeze whats that in

the joy of having a V8 lol

Yep haha, shes a freaking petroholic but she knows i still love her and im here for her..........to fill her back up lol.

keltik said:

Got oilchangers to slam some new diff and gearbox oil in it. They tried convincing me to use synthetic but screw that. That stuffs too expensive. Apparently my gearbox is going to explode immediately because mineral oil is satan.

He lol'ed when i told him id put about 5,000km on the old box with no oil at all...so this one should be fine.

haha i bet he lol'd alright, i know the guys there quite well through the franchise what did they put in instead of the synthetic, 80w/90?

Guest keltik

75w 90 as requested. Then informed me that the standard 4liters wouldnt fit for some odd reason. Still havnt worked that one out.

keltik said:

75w 90 as requested. Then informed me that the standard 4liters wouldnt fit for some odd reason. Still havnt worked that one out.

they would of just filled it til it reached the full mark on the dipstick. sometimes it takes an extra few hundred mils to bring it up, or do you mean less than 4 litres?

personally i would of recommended you went to the 80w90 as an alternative to the synthetic, the mineral 80w90 at least carries the required factory(subaru) recommended GL5 rating, the mineral 75w90 is only GL4. and both those grades would of cost you the same.

but since you requested it thats all good. ;D

Guest keltik

Meh had i known that, i wouldve gone with the 80w90. Conversation went something like;

"so howd you hear about oil changers?"

"I know a guy who works for the place in hamilton"

"Oh yeah? whats his name?"

"uh....driftrex?...."

keltik said:

Meh had i known that, i wouldve gone with the 80w90. Conversation went something like;

"so howd you hear about oil changers?"

"I know a guy who works for the place in hamilton"

"Oh yeah? whats his name?"

"uh....driftrex?...."

lol crack up, yea they wouldnt know me by that name, the old guy (Weta) that owns it knows me well, my names Dave btw or Davo im known as at work ;)

they probably dont know subarus as well as i do so will let them off for not informing you of that as the next best alternative.

keltik said:

What did they sting you for that? Shopping for prices ATM.

familyman said:

pm me if you like i can give you any quotes your after and will be the same at any of our stores nationwide. i can tell you oilchangers have the cheapest service prices anywhere, alot of research has gone into our pricing and we dont charge labour fees, and we're damn quick at what we do :)

driftrex']

[quote name='familyman said:

/quote]

pm me if you like i can give you any quotes your after and will be the same at any of our stores nationwide. i can tell you oilchangers have the cheapest service prices anywhere, alot of research has gone into our pricing and we dont charge labour fees, and we're damn quick at what we do :)

Not always a good thing :) hehehehhhehe

DRFVDR']

[quote name='familyman said:

/quote]

Not always a good thing :) hehehehhhehe

hey we dont skip anything we are just quick as this is all we do, multiple people working on each car helps a lot ;)

jacsmiley']

[quote name='sharktale said:

poured in $125.54 of fuel and drained it within 265kms haha.......that sucked ars

/quote]

LOVE IT!!!

yep ;D

Guest lan_killa

Installed a Air/Fuel ratio meter into my wrx... still have to fiddle with it a bit to get it right though

Heres a video of it in action

SDC10095.jpg