Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Guest loren
 Drunkenmonkey said:

it was on my GTb, pulled afm, air box and washer bottle out, removed engine mount bolts jacked it up and bam straight in easy

oh yeah, piece of cake.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Sent my wife to Wingers to get a new front oxygen sensor (car is throwing a CEL). They sold her the wrong part! So took it back for a refund, just as well as Wingers want $599+GST for a new one! Have ordered one from the US for $235 incl. shipping.

Guest boostin
 Simon C said:

Sent my wife to Wingers to get a new front oxygen sensor (car is throwing a CEL). They sold her the wrong part! So took it back for a refund, just as well as Wingers want $599+GST for a new one! Have ordered one from the US for $235 incl. shipping.

Did you ask for an oxygen sensor or an air/fuel ratio sensor? Oxy is always the rear one, even if you ask for a front oxy sensor. Its just how the parts guys know it.

did some work to the ute 2day, new AFM, driver side wing mirror, gave the inside a good clean.

went to botany, on my way home radiator pipe or radiator has gone, water every were, waiting for the tow truck to ring me now so i can get it towed home :(

-smurff

Guest keltik

Finished installing my teins. Got the EDFC working properly too. Seems to make a fair difference between the hard and soft presets i programmed in. Also makes the coolest noise when changing damping level, sounds like a 60's UFO landing on the roof.

And got another wheel alignment. Back to around 1degree of camber in the rear.

Tested out keltik's new coil overs....result: fukn amazing!

Also tried to find the keyless entry/lock-unlock speaker in my drivers door. Turns out we couldnt find it ???

Does anyone know if BH5 TS-R's have keyless entry??

Guest boostin
 subypower said:

Tested out keltik's new coil overs....result: fukn amazing!

Also tried to find the keyless entry/lock-unlock speaker in my drivers door. Turns out we couldnt find it ???

Does anyone know if BH5 TS-R's have keyless entry??

See if you have 2 wires going to the inside of the drivers door handle.

Guest keltik

Nope no wires going to the handle. In the spot above the glovebox on my car theres a white box with "subaru keyless entry" stamped on it. subys TSR has a black box in the same place with the same shape plug going into it...but no writing.

Looks like the original purchaser in Japan ticked a few dealer options as its got a subaru work lamp in the boot and an unidentified control box behind the drivers door card. Also has auto headlights :)

Boostin, I asked for a front oxygen sensor. Since the front air-fuel ratio sensor IS an oxygen sensor, I expected them to know the difference, or to at least give my wife a chance to phone me and clarify before selling her the part (I was working all day Saturday and couldn't get to Winger in person). Especially since I could have quoted the CEL code to them.

Guest boostin
 Simon C said:

Boostin, I asked for a front oxygen sensor. Since the front air-fuel ratio sensor IS an oxygen sensor, I expected them to know the difference, or to at least give my wife a chance to phone me and clarify before selling her the part (I was working all day Saturday and couldn't get to Winger in person). Especially since I could have quoted the CEL code to them.

CEL doesn't mean jack to the parts guys. Unfortunately they know it as an air/fuel ratio sensor. If you ask for an oxygen sensor you get sold the rear sensor, even if you ask for the front one, as according to the catalogue there is no such thing. And no, they don't know the difference. All it is is just a part number to them.

Guest boostin

It would have been faster, but some *%$@#&!! decided it was a good idea to poke the alarm wiring through as many holes as they could through the dash beam. Grrrrr... >:(

And don't forget I do this stuff all day every day.