Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Guest dcornie

well not me but my car, been teaching cmplsv to drive manual and she decided to show the local road crew how well the car goes she even managed to hit high boost in it most impressed ;D

Great to hear you're learning the ways of the manual turbo Becca ;D It's a MINT car to drive.

Looking forward to doing some work on my car(s). If this latest web project pays well, there'll be new heads and alloy bits for the BF5...she will be back!! And...a headunit (may +speakers) for the Impreza so Lan Killa can get his Pioneer back :) (Btw thank you so much for lending it to me for so long Matt)

Does anyone here do much with audio gear btw? I have a fried $650 Pioneer that won't even power on. It's basically a brick. But if anyone wants to have a quick poke at it, you get a box of beer if it goes again. Albeit badly, as it was an epic piece of trash by the time it died :P

Guest lan_killa

chuck it my way at some point and ill have a poke around at it, but from what it was doing would assume one of the I/Cs has gone

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi
 dubbedup said:

i can do. ;D

do eeet!!!

and a different size wheel on each too... then post the link to they you tube vid of the helis!!!

i saw a crx ( yes fail i know... ) in indy cars in chch one time.. each panel was a different color including the doors , roof and bonnet and boot..

apparently it was a " special model "

bahaha

Today with Jason (gotasuby) we got my 1996 bg5 gtb running with a v7 sti engine and a g4 storm. However it is about as hoare as you can get, and a mean exhaust leak. But an achievement none the less.

Scraped frost off my windscreen... At 12 noon... Made a snowball twice the size of a tennis ball out it!

Also looking into snow tyres for the 16's, Frost, ice and snow are real threats now :-\

macatacka said:

Today with Jason (gotasuby) we got my 1996 bg5 gtb running with a v7 sti engine and a g4 storm. However it is about as hoare as you can get, and a mean exhaust leak. But an achievement none the less.

Mint!

With the help of drunkenmonkey, put in V4 sti gauge cluster, then on trying to make it work 100% correctly managed to fry a wire track and then somehow we lost one of the wires (It just disappeared on us) when we were trying to repin it back to put the factory cluster back in. So currently have a car with no dash cluster waiting on us to work out WTF we did wrong. Beats sitting around by myself watching tv on a friday night though. ::)

I don't know where I found the motivation but after helping prepare 3 cars for the Canterbury rally thats on sunday I came home, sat down with a few too many beers as the missus watched a terrible movie and dancing on ice at the same time (some of those chicks are tasty tho!) and I dug out my noise cancelling headphones, cranked some energetic tunes and modelled some sumps that I want to get laser cut and folded on the press brakes at work (just got to make sure I don't give too many sh**ty job packs to the workshop manager anytime soon :) ) and so hopefully my car will have one of two baffled sumps soon.

I can't emphasize how much motivation is delivered via Steinlager Pure and the band Adema ;D

First I had one partially prepared that is copied off the twin scroll manifold with a wing added in the only available space;

ej20twinscrollbaffledsumpassy.jpg

Then tonight I've done this one based off a WRC Prodrive sump, just need to modify the internals off the other one to fit into this with 3 separate compartments. It also helps that RDL stands for "Rubber Developments Limited" and they happen to be able to make me viton rubber flaps to go inside instead of hinges (same as BMW M3's originally had and Cosworth and PBMS use now, not sure if Prodrive use flaps or hinges?)

wrcstylesumpassy.jpg

Guest dcornie

managed to take my car back off the road by somehow loosing second gear, foot off clkutch just like being in neutral but have every other gear, interesting drive home

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi

removed engine, cleaned it, swore at it..

cleaned engine bay with degreaser.... ( 4 for $10 at supercheap.. rrp $3.20 ea )