Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

its a civic, anything will tow it! lol get one of tho other aucklanders to tow it down!

I guess having hookups for trailers is a help, i can get hold of 2 round hamilton for nothing or not much more. Most hire places won't charge for sunday and may give you a discount if your hiring for 4 days.

I'll let pictures do the talking

Went from this:

zOon7l.jpg

To this:

522WQl.jpg

Szgqpl.jpg

Also fitted an aftermarket downpipe...

That O2 sensor of mine is now going whack.. ><...

Will replace the narrowband gauge with oil press soon..

Now I have left over this:

ubm7ol.jpg

and

kn19il.jpg

nickch said:

I'll let pictures do the talking

Went from this:

zOon7l.jpg

To this:

522WQl.jpg

Szgqpl.jpg

Also fitted an aftermarket downpipe...

That O2 sensor of mine is now going whack.. ><...

Will replace the narrowband gauge with oil press soon..

Now I have left over this:

ubm7ol.jpg

and

kn19il.jpg

Copy cat with the brake's!! Kidding. Good job :)

Timmah said:

Copy cat with the brake's!! Kidding. Good job :)

Work was done by Alex at Highbrook..

Awesome workmanship, went the extra mile to help test fit the 4-pots with my rims.. and always there to offer good sound advice!

kamineko']

[quote name='nickch said:

IMG height=200]http://i.imgur.com/Szgqpl.jpg[/img]

err arn't your slotted rotors on backwards?

In my experience, the direction of the slots dont really seem to matter, as between brands I have seen the slots run both ways (/ and \). Its the cooling vanes (in between each disc face) that usually dictate which side the disc runs on (apart from the generic discs which have those straight vanes and are non handed).

yeah.. i was wondering about that.. but have seen rotors fitted both ways... the vanes are there to expel gases and debris from the pad/rotor surface.. the direction of the slots would probably dictate where the hot gases (outer edge or centre hub) of the rotor i guess?

I found that if they are facing the wrong way they will chew brake pads quicker, Had a customer where he was supplied two left hand rotors, and would chew through the right hand pads real quick, wasn't seized caliper's.

aim said:

wouldn't centripetal acceleration dictate they go on the other way? You're pushing s*** uphill that way.

You would think so, but my AP discs are slotted in the same direction as those DBA ones, and they are sold as lefts and rights due to the direction of the internal cooling vanes).

discdir.gif

I find that no matter what, slotted discs eat pads at a way faster rate :'(

Tony said:

they are sold as lefts and rights due to the direction of the internal cooling vanes).

As they should be - that's interesting, I wonder why? The logic in my head thinks this is counter-intuitive :P

aim said:

As they should be - that's interesting, I wonder why? The logic in my head thinks this is counter-intuitive :P

Logics got me too.. ><.. mindf***ed..

i can see the point in cooling vanes having to be oriented that way..

but I guess which way the gases get expelled via the slots doesn't make enough difference to matter..

Timmah said:

Changed my AFM with the other one I have to see if that stops my sometimes bumpy idle. And was kind of bored too..

did it work? ;)

bumpin idel can also be a leaking bov so look out for that too 8)

sti8u']

[quote name='Timmah said:

Changed my AFM with the other one I have to see if that stops my sometimes bumpy idle. And was kind of bored too..

/quote]

did it work? ;)

bumpin idel can also be a leaking bov so look out for that too 8)

Started the car up, it's cold so it's idling higher, will check when it's warmed up, so when I'm on my way to work and can't do anything :P

How would I check for the BOV to be leaking?? Might have to have a nosey at it.

not sure.if yourv got a atmo bov then just put your had over the top of the bov on idel and you should be able to feel it

sti8u said:

not sure.if yourv got a atmo bov then just put your had over the top of the bov on idel and you should be able to feel it

Huh.. so easy! Yeah mine's a Greddy atmo venting one.

Well the AFM i put on was shot and I was blobbing all over the city haha so 10min under torchlight and the other one back on without a problem :) Will see if the BoV is leaking tomorrow.