Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

WRXONP']

[quote name='Scoobydoo said:

Oil and filter change. Was gonna do the o2 sensor as well but I can't get it out without some other tools so will attack that tomorrow morning.

/quote]

Just do it when you do your downpipe... if you haven't swapped it already.

22mm spanner if i remember corectly... take the plug off and slide the ring end down the wires :) dont use open end u will round it...if stuck CRC is your friend :)

I hope you mean a CRC Penetrant like this

21RDQizvYKL.jpg

And not plain old CRC 5.56 which is a Lubricant ;)

Guest vf20/21bg5

Started to make my surge tanks perspects contaiment box and driveshaft loops for when my car finally gets back to me so i can get it certed quick as...will still drive it on th rd b4 then tho lol...wont be able to help myself ;D if i get caught driving a car without a cert and reg on hold what sort of a fine am i in for? anyone know?

Guest vf20/21bg5
 wrx_lou said:

depends on the cop. They could fine you for all uncerted things. or they could just fine you the $200 for no warrant.

If you get a nasty cop you might even get it pink or green stickered.

and whats the cost of those? 400-$600?...lol my adrenalin is worth way more then that ;)...not very responsable at my age but 1 and half years and 30k to wait to finally drive my car, i think ican handle $600 to get my rush 8)

Can't remember of the top of my head. I think the fine is $200 for it not being up to WOF standard. A green sticker you will be alowed to drive it home but you have to get your warrant from a testing station to get the sticker removed.

A pink sticker and you have to get your car towed. Sometimes (but not always) they will impound your car for 28 days.

Got my o2 sensor done today.

boon said:

Just do it when you do your downpipe... if you haven't swapped it already.

It's the front one, not the rear one. Had to do it to get rid of my CEL.

There is a cunt of a heat shield around the section of pipe and couldn't get to the sensor properly so I attacked it with a grinder so I could remove it fully. And yes, it was a 22mm spanner. Was excellent how the ring fit over the plug!

I will do a write up shortly.. I have lots of pics

CP93MM']

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

depends on the cop. They could fine you for all uncerted things. or they could just fine you the $200 for no warrant.

/quote]and whats the cost of those? 400-$600?...lol my adrenalin is worth way more then that ;)...not very responsable at my age but 1 and half years and 30k to wait to finally drive my car, i think ican handle $600 to get my rush 8)

1.5 years and $30k and you can't wait and fork out for a cert in a couple weeks? ::)

Guest vf20/21bg5
 CUDDAS said:

made up a wee heat sheild & now will make a one piece one that i'll replace this one with,

Damm the fuzzy phone pic's but you'll get the idea

Image0119.jpg

Image0118.jpg

Image0117.jpg

very nice work 8)

Guest vf20/21bg5
 nztintin']

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

/quote]and whats the cost of those? 400-$600?...lol my adrenalin is worth way more then that ;)...not very responsable at my age but 1 and half years and 30k to wait to finally drive my car, i think ican handle $600 to get my rush 8)

1.5 years and $30k and you can't wait and fork out for a cert in a couple weeks? ::)

dumb ay, but dont think i could wait to be honest...trying the best i can to make things up without the car being here but can only go soo far.

sultan said:

oh yeah just noticed that, strange with all the other mods to be on facto ecu and injectors

unless power fc

not sure which of those is the worse option

kind of factory aye ;) except the yellow's, modcontrol chip, headers, turbo,ext w/gate, free flow exhaust, 500hp fuel pump, adjustable fuel reg, apexi safcII, closed loop boost controller, may be strange but it works ok for me.

Is still running the 2 bolt coil rs/gt heads too, theres plenty of mods left to do, & well it's still running :)

CUDDAS']

[quote name='sultan said:

oh yeah just noticed that, strange with all the other mods to be on facto ecu and injectors

unless power fc

/quote]

kind of factory aye ;) except the yellow's, modcontrol chip, headers, turbo,ext w/gate, free flow exhaust, 500hp fuel pump, adjustable fuel reg, apexi safcII, closed loop boost controller, may be strange but it works ok for me.

Is still running the 2 bolt coil rs/gt heads too, theres plenty of mods left to do, & well it's still running :)

what sort of boost do u run?? surely the CFM that turbo will produce would be near the end of the small green AFMs scale??

CUDDAS']

[quote name='sultan said:

unless power fc

/quote]

yellows atleast, thank god lol. a huge amount of work to gain 20kw or so over factory sti power though. you've done all the work, should sell the safc and ecu, buy a possum link, bigger injectors, and crank the boost!

Well I didn't but put new spark plugs in taped up an superglued my overheated coils lol buy new 1s pay day. That fixed my overboosting then cleaned air filter and installed boost gauge all while on bastion point lol. Well WRXONP did it :P lol!!