Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

My 96 GT: stuff all

My 95 GT: removed aircon radiator and dash board. Took bonnet off and now pondering whether or not to rip everything out and start again and rewire it all as there is major excess wiring.

What does everyone think on that?

Im happy with the price for the four pots . . plus it was tax return money any way lol lol lol. and has a 6 month warranty . . . today i finally made it to rapeco before they shut and got some of those narva bright blue bulbs as i was driving the last few days as a 1 light baller ! lol . . also got my 330mm rotors skimmed from bnt ... picked up new sequential blow off valve . . this weekends mission to fit the 4 pots and tein struts and play around with the different sequential fins and see which i like lol

more the consequences of what i have done over the last 3 months, completly blown the budget out of the water and now I am in the doghouse. it seems my misses is not happy about the fact i have spent double the allcoated budget on the car. :-[

Timmah']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

i have got 550 to a tank in my STI many a times . . . in one week lol

/quote]

At best I get 400km, damn!

Don't worry bro he is talking smack like usual.

Btw I said 40 litres not per tank!

• General Member

I was only just managing 500km off a tank when the WRX was my company car. That was mainly open road town to town driving at pretty cruisy speeds.

But I never let the fuel light come on, I wasn't sure if it worked so I filled up as soon as it hit E.

I managed to get 630kms to a tank (50 ltr tank) the other day, 20kms were on the fuel light.

Was a fairly stressful last 90 kms, I found out that the fuel gauge can sit bellow E for about 70kms before the fuel light actually comes on. Was getting worried it didn't work for a while there.

I blame the stupid Navman for taking me random back roads without fuel stations for the last 150 odd kms lol.

That was with a Link G4 and some pretty fuel efficient driving 99% of the time.

Edit: Just worked out the L/100 km. 49L / 630 x 100 = 7.77L per 100km

Hmm I'm pretty sure my tank is 50L too, so that's cutting it dam fine haha :-\

I dont even look at how many kms per tank if I need to get somewhere I just fill her up never been under quarter tank but will fill up and give it a try see how much I can get around town change the o2 sensor first will help with economy

yeah lol o2 sensor and especially water temp sensor helped my economy . . . and who are you to say Im talking smack huh ? i can get 550 to a tank with a few boosts etc . . if i rape the whole tank i get 400 to 450 . this is on 20 Pound with 11 air fuel ratio and black smoke . . . but like i said its how good your car runs is how good your economy will be . . . 550 isn't running it right out. but under quarter as i don't like going low as . but a question ? do you guys just stop when the pump clicks off ? i fill it all the way so the fuel ir level with the fuel cap :-) dam now you know my secret ha gets you around 80 to 100km extra per tank. pretty sure you get 15 bucks in the spout

ODB said:

Read my post again muppet.

I said 520 kms to 40 litres, not a tank. You claimed your car gOt that too.

Now it's 500 odd per tank. With a 60l tank that's meh.

Sorry about it.

Are you always such a fag to everyone.. If you have nothing nice to say then shut up

Clearly your bf is in the wrong.

He needs to simmer down and accept that his car doesn't run sooper dooper efficient and he gets the same economy as every other wrx.

Talking smack about how he gets economy of 500 kms plus from 40l: tui.

Yesterday replaced the two front struts, installed rear whitline swaybar and links, Today got wheel alignment. Ran out of time to fit new whiteline antilift kit and steering rack bushes. job for next week i guess

ODB said:

He needs to simmer down and accept that his car doesn't run sooper dooper efficient and he gets the same economy as every other wrx.

He does tho.. I've even seen it for myself.. We drive nearly 100km a day to and from work and It does get 500km to a tank - we fill it up once a week right to the very brim and then reset the trip.

To be honest you dont know shit about our car and every car is different so just keep you stupid opinions to yourself mate

xxMELZxx']

[quote name='ODB said:

/quote]

He does tho.. I've even seen it for myself.. We drive nearly 100km a day to and from work and It does get 500km to a tank - we fill it up once a week right to the very brim and then reset the trip.

To be honest you dont know s*** about our car and every car is different so just keep you stupid opinions to yourself mate

500 km to a tank and 500km to 40L is two different things altogether. 500km to a tank is pretty normal IMO.

Koom']

[quote name='ODB said:

/quote]

To be honest you dont know s*** about our car and every car is different so just keep you stupid opinions to yourself mate

500 km to a tank and 500km to 40L is two different things altogether. 500km to a tank is pretty normal IMO.

I got 800 from a tank in my Type R on several occasions, but it doesn't mean shit. Tank sizes vary so much.