Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

We are borg']

[quote name='Swindog said:

Topped up oil and water in the gtb for the missus. Wondering why the legacy always only has 1/2 a header tank of water. Uses no more or no less but always has half a tank, not 3/4 or full.

/quote]

What I have found is that most vehicles will have a level that it is happy with, u can fill it up as much as u like but it always ends up at its level

if the coolant system is functioning - the header tank should stay fill - the overflow bottle level should change - when its hot it should FILL the overflow bottle -and when it cools down the overflow should go back into the header tank - the header tank should allways remain FULL

Tightened throttle cable, mucho smoother-o

Removed towbar, scraped on every driveway and I have no trailer anyway

Moved pod filter to behind foglight hole instead of just attached to AFM, that "seems" to make a noticable difference but time will tell, sound mint if nothing else haha

Tightened up all the half - arsed bolts, clamps and so on the previous owner had left for me to find

Tried to work out why air con does not work, oh look the radiator has been removed... Ok off with that belt then

Whipped plugs out gave them a clean and regap a bit closer

Got the spat things (that clip behind the back wheels) back on it, found them in spare wheel well, looks much more in proportion now

I don't want to know what other little joys I'm going to find with this car

Jacked the fooker up,

Pulled the front passenger wheel,

Diagnosis??? Muppets did not tighten the brake hose properly onto the new caliper, result f**ken brakefluid everywhere

Had to wash the wheel, wheel arch, front fender...

All in the f**ken cold rain...

Gaaaah

Bazza-NZ']

[quote name='slyrwd said:

Got some thermal inlet gaskets today, threw em on and yeap.. cooler intake plenum!!! so they do work...

/quote]

Where about did you get yours?

I rung Gizzmo direct and got the last set for a pre 98 EJ20, try them on (03) 434 6701, might be in luck. I got the last set on friday. arrived today

Nick_96_RSB said:

Installed Club Sub sticker on rear window, trimmed off the www. & .org.nz not sure if i will put em on yet, but sitting in glove box just in case i change my mind :D

I put the hole sticker on... then took the www & .org.nz off because it was all wonky lol

yeah it looked like it would end up that way so i marked the centre & ends on the window with a chalk pen put it kinda looked like the www. etc would trail downward somewhat, ended up just cutting the ends off, looks pretty good without it anyway TBH, and if i decide to add em on, its an easy as pie solution :D

Timmah said:

Damn, what happened there Sam?

Was driving down Riccarton rd just after the Deans ave roundabout and then "bang!" - a girl in a Nissan March pulled out from a park outside the 24hr dairy, without looking obviously. No way I could've avoided it

It was just after 7 in the morning and I had my lights on, she would've seen me coming from a mile away if she used her mirrors

Flat4']

[quote name='Timmah said:

Damn, what happened there Sam?

/quote]

Was driving down Riccarton rd just after the Deans ave roundabout and then "bang!" - a girl in a Nissan March pulled out from a park outside the 24hr dairy, without looking obviously. No way I could've avoided it

It was just after 7 in the morning and I had my lights on, she would've seen me coming from a mile away if she used her mirrors

Or looked over her right shoulder thus negating the 'blind spot' factor as detailed in the road code.

The first thing she said was "I'm so sorry I didn't see you because you were in my blind spot" to which I replied "well you should've checked it"

I don't think she looked at all, I was moving at 50k's so I would only have been in her blind spot for three tenths of fuck all time