Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin
 SP00N']

[quote name='evowrx said:

No being a dick but mine doesnt fall over holds right to the top 20psi then 21-22psi in 4/5th. G4 c/l though. I have no idea if it would make the same power on lower boost left that to the tuner. Turbos running out but injectors maxed so no noticeable gains to be had anyway. Couple of niggles Id like to sort but I achieved what I set out to do just the goalposts keep moving. :D

/quote]

i have seen 20psi ish held with a good ebc and external gate on a vf23

didnt think 22pis wud be possible on no matter what setup but be keen to see plots cos that will be awsum stuff right there

My VF34 peaks at 22psi then tails off to 20psi. G4 with 3-port. Could get a photo of the plot if you\'re really keen to see it.

The ecu is tuned to fuel for whatever boost below fuel cut I don\'t see how it can be freaking out if it\'s in the tune from factory.

I respect your knowledge and opinions, but it\'s my car and it\'s just a dirty old subaru that i\'m having a bit of fun with haha

i was more coming back to why its fouling plugs than anything else

the factory tune probably literally is "dump fuel in as fast as it can" beyond a certain point, most factory turbo cars of that vintage do it,

it may not hit a hard cut but its still not ideal, it may be "safe" still (with fmic etc its prob not pinging its head off) but i would have expected more than a mid 13 with that kind of boost on a vf22, not havin a go more just thinking out loud and from what ive seen.

youd prob make more power with 5psi less and a dirty old safc tune, thats what id do anyway - you can max those injectors with that turbo without having such a time bomb

Marky said:

i was more coming back to why its fouling plugs than anything else

the factory tune probably literally is "dump fuel in as fast as it can" beyond a certain point, most factory turbo cars of that vintage do it,

it may not hit a hard cut but its still not ideal, it may be "safe" still (with fmic etc its prob not pinging its head off) but i would have expected more than a mid 13 with that kind of boost on a vf22, not havin a go more just thinking out loud and from what ive seen.

youd prob make more power with 5psi less and a dirty old safc tune, thats what id do anyway - you can max those injectors with that turbo without having such a time bomb

Appreciate the input mate, when I get my ms-ibc (as soon as somebody buys my hdi) I will try it on a lower boost for curiosities sake to see how the plugs look.

The fuel cut is violent lol i\'m not sure what you mean by this?

Also i\'m just puzzled myself as to why it hasn\'t blown up being at 196+km, i\'ve been expecting it but i\'ve had no running issues with it (besides the plugs) it runs great.

Guy I bought it off was "told it was rebuilt" but couldn\'t front any receipts as they were "lost" so I never believed him..

dacerx']

[quote name='Koom said:

Today I went and collected it from the workshop and brought it home for the first time in over three years. Was nice to see it parked in my garage again! Now to tinker away and finish it off!

/quote]

Where are the pics Koom? We have been staring at the old sig for 3 years

I\'ll get some pics over the weekend. It\'s got about a years worth of dust, overspray and workshop grime on it. Plus the interior is full of dust and sandblasting sand. Still needs the rear window fitted but I\'m going to fill in the parcel shelf before that happens. I\'ve only got a month til I\'m off to Europe for two months so just doing bits and pieces for now. It\'s dying to be polished as well!

today i found a new way to remove a gearbox - after removing the engine, just unpin the halfshafts, undo the gearstick linkage and unbolt the gearbox subframe. box can pull up and out forwards through the engine bay, and over the bonnet catch.

although i won\'t do that by hand next time -_- forgot how heavy it was

kamineko said:

today i found a new way to remove a gearbox - after removing the engine, just unpin the halfshafts, undo the gearstick linkage and unbolt the gearbox subframe. box can pull up and out forwards through the engine bay, and over the bonnet catch.

Mate pulled it out the top in one piece and split it on the ground to do a clutch. I scratched my head at the time but made sense.

evowrx']

[quote name='kamineko said:

/quote]

Mate pulled it out the top in one piece and split it on the ground to do a clutch. I scratched my head at the time but made sense.

I always find that to be the easiest way when working at home, with limited tools and when you can\'t get the car up really high. Just pull the whole lot out with an engine crane.

I was lucky in that my flatmate had a crane floating round the garage :)

Pulling the engine is such an easy job in these. Scratched my head the first time I looked at an ej bay but everythings so simple no tight firewall or strut tower clearance and everythings on top of the engine not at the back where you cant reach.

Jack on the floor front up on axle stands works for box just have to jack rear of car to get to driveshaft.

Yep its the 6 speed with 3SGE beams motor with VVTI also $5K my way, so not too bad, brand new BC coil overs and 19\'s with new tyres on the front, comes with the factory 17\'s with mint tyres and a spare set of Bilstein coil overs that probably handle better than the BC\'s.

It got TRD underbody braces and Greddy stainless headers with a lexus exhaust so its quiet.

Im sure i\'ll get used to the lack of power.

94 Leone']

[quote name='Stoffa said:

Swapped it for this, im a little sad now :\'(

img]http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6162/img107rw.jpg[/img]

Call me retarded; but what is it?

Youre retarded. Happy now. Common as bird shit up here.

Chris what were you thinking? That guy got a score your car was priceless imo. This lexus or altezza? Be honest its got a 3SGTE hasnt it?

• General Member
 Stoffa said:

Yep its the 6 speed with 3SGE beams motor also $5K my way, so not too bad, brand new BC coil overs and 19\'s with new tyres on the front, comes with the factory 17\'s with mint tyres and a spare set of Bilstein coil overs that probably handle better than the BC\'s.

It got TRD underbody braces and Greddy stainless headers with a lexus exhaust so its quiet.

Im sure i\'ll get used to the lack of power.

There a nice car mate, and that sounds like a good deal. I got the Triptronic because I do a tonne of open road driving and wanted simplicity so I can use handsfree to call and such as I drive.

I love mine which is a shame because I want to hate it so bad. Theres a real simple mod you can do to perk up the midrange on them, I haven\'t bothered but I know a lot of guys swear by it and its as simple as remove a pipe and block it.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezzaclub/index.php?showtopic=5466&st=0

cant have been that priceless I only got offers of swaps for couriers with reset leafs, I was over it and its time to grow up, I cant afford to run two cars and my priorities have changed. I sold it to my brother in law who\'s gonna keep modifying so I\'ll still be able to drive it.

I dont care about it being common, I care about it being a nice smooth cheap to run ride

• General Member

I have been driving the WRX for work the last few days while the Mrs. car is broken and shes got my Altezza, I have hated it, the WRX gets to much attention, its noisey, the rides hard as hell and I miss my craptastic auto for easy cruising between towns.

I\'m just stoked I can still afford the luxury of choice by having both cars, wont be happening to much longer I don\'t think.