Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

I like to keep clean oil and plugs in my car so I just do it that way, plugs are $16 through work for me

Atm it\'s fouling them pretty quick, still not 100% sure why but i\'m looking into it, just appears to be way too rich at this stage

Roo said:

I like to keep clean oil and plugs in my car so I just do it that way, plugs are $16 through work for me

Atm it\'s fouling them pretty quick, still not 100% sure why but i\'m looking into it, just appears to be way too rich at this stage

I ain\'t no expect on this stuff, but how is your AFM and o2? Maybe the fouling is being caused by one of them beginning to fail?

Afm is repaired so it\'s better than new, o2 sensor is possible, uses a tank a week just going to work and a little weekend driving.

Was doing it before the bee*r but I certainly used it a bit when I had it lol it\'s been returned now

Roo said:

Afm is repaired so it\'s better than new, o2 sensor is possible, uses a tank a week just going to work and a little weekend driving.

Was doing it before the bee*r but I certainly used it a bit when I had it lol it\'s been returned now

Arent you running high boost and untuned stock ecu?

evowrx']

[quote name='Roo said:

/quote]

Arent you running high boost and untuned stock ecu?

Yep 22psi with vf22 on the 6s. Needs more link!

94 Leone said:

If you\'re running a stock ECU: the smart thing is to run stock boost. Unless: your stock ecu is tuned for more than stock boost.

Actually sometimes a psi or 2 more doesnt hurt as factory ecus are tuned rich for different markets. Obviously checked with a wideband.

the 6S seems to love it.

Hasn\'t gone pop yet still runs sweet as the day I got it, personally I am very surprised it hasn\'t blown up myself. It gets raaaaped, even survived the couple days it was open wastegate spiking to 30 psi (accident and fixed it as soon as I realised what it was)

If it blows then i\'ll fix it but until then i\'m leaving it as i\'ve had no issues and it\'s been like this for 6 months+

as I am between ebc\'s atm I have it on stock solenoid but it\'s still hitting 20psi in 2nd, 22 in 3rd and fuel cut 4th and 5th. Been meaning to get opinions on it but not too worried as it won\'t be for long.

Koom said:

Today I went and collected it from the workshop and brought it home for the first time in over three years. Was nice to see it parked in my garage again! Now to tinker away and finish it off!

Pics. Bodywork all fixed and tuned?

• Admin
 Roo said:

the 6S seems to love it.

Hasn\'t gone pop yet still runs sweet as the day I got it, personally I am very surprised it hasn\'t blown up myself. It gets raaaaped, even survived the couple days it was open wastegate spiking to 30 psi (accident and fixed it as soon as I realised what it was)

If it blows then i\'ll fix it but until then i\'m leaving it as i\'ve had no issues and it\'s been like this for 6 months+

as I am between ebc\'s atm I have it on stock solenoid but it\'s still hitting 20psi in 2nd, 22 in 3rd and fuel cut 4th and 5th. Been meaning to get opinions on it but not too worried as it won\'t be for long.

This is why Subarus get a reputation for being unreliable.

At 22psi the ECU should be freaking the f*ck out, 6S or not, unless you\'re intercepting the MAP signal in which case it\'s going to be underfueling anyway. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Funky - new-age VF\'s (30, 34, 36, 37) seem to do alright at 20-21psi, especially through 3500-4500rpm.

No being a dick but mine doesnt fall over holds right to the top 20psi then 21-22psi in 4/5th. G4 c/l though. I have no idea if it would make the same power on lower boost left that to the tuner. Turbos running out but injectors maxed so no noticeable gains to be had anyway. Couple of niggles Id like to sort but I achieved what I set out to do just the goalposts keep moving. :D

evowrx said:

No being a dick but mine doesnt fall over holds right to the top 20psi then 21-22psi in 4/5th. G4 c/l though. I have no idea if it would make the same power on lower boost left that to the tuner. Turbos running out but injectors maxed so no noticeable gains to be had anyway. Couple of niggles Id like to sort but I achieved what I set out to do just the goalposts keep moving. :D

i have seen 20psi ish held with a good ebc and external gate on a vf23

didnt think 22pis wud be possible on no matter what setup but be keen to see plots cos that will be awsum stuff right there

Koom said:

Today I went and collected it from the workshop and brought it home for the first time in over three years. Was nice to see it parked in my garage again! Now to tinker away and finish it off!

Where are the pics Koom? We have been staring at the old sig for 3 years