Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Been productive morning with lots of learning :) Pulled the centre consol out, replaced cigarette lighter light bulb with blue led, ash tray bulb with blue led, pulled HVAC to pieces and put blue leds in before realising I actually need 3 more bulbs for it, learned that the lens on the front is molded green so will somehow need to make a clear one to the digital face will be blue and oh, learned that if the circuit board touches something metal it starts smoking so I now need to buy another HVAC unit and repeat the the whole process. FML ( F*&K my life!!!) LOL :D

img0466vl.jpg

img0460cv.jpg

img0456ur.jpg

img0454ikj.jpg

img0455ku.jpg

img0449tt.jpg

Psylentzer said:

Went and got a few things done before winter

- Brake Check

- Anti-Freeze Check

- Battery Check

- Wheel Alignment

- Tyre Rotation and Balancing.

All for just $69 - Not bad. Only thing I need to do now is to look at getting a new battery before winter.

20130403151253514_0001.jpg

By the looks of it all they did was fix the toe? 69 a bit steep. We do camber caster and toe with our wheel alignments at tyrepower in otahuhu. Only 65

VADZTER']

[quote name='Psylentzer said:

size=1]Went and got a few things done before winter

- Brake Check

- Anti-Freeze Check

- Battery Check

- Wheel Alignment

All for just $69 - Not bad. Only thing I need to do now is to look at getting a new battery before winter.

[/size]

By the looks of it all they did was fix the toe? 69 a bit steep. We do camber caster and toe with our wheel alignments at tyrepower in otahuhu. Only 65

What are the subaru specs for gc/gf camber bro? Since youre in the know lol. I want to get as much as possible and still be sweet for a cert.

evowrx']

- Brake Check

- Anti-Freeze Check

- Battery Check

- Wheel Alignment

[/size]

What are the subaru specs for gc/gf camber bro? Since youre in the know lol. I want to get as much as possible and still be sweet for a cert.

I\'m getting trained at the wheel alignments atm so just slowly getting there aye but I can check for you tomorrow :)

VADZTER']

- Brake Check

- Anti-Freeze Check

- Battery Check

- Wheel Alignment

[/size]

I\'m getting trained at the wheel alignments atm so just slowly getting there aye but I can check for you tomorrow :)

Good man

All they "aligned" by the looks of it was toe

even the camber being on the p!ss is a 20 second job for them to sort, dont even need wheel off to reach the bolts, why they wouldnt fix that alone is beyond me

to be fair half the time people are just happy if the car goes straight when the wheel is perfectly upright

VADZTER']

- Brake Check

- Anti-Freeze Check

- Battery Check

- Wheel Alignment

[/size]

If its lowered then it is not bad, although I suspect its not the cause based on the camber reading on the right hand side.

However there appears to be an issue on the left hand side, so either

a) related to age and milage of car

b) accident damage related

Main destroyer of tyres is toe, followed by camber. So main things you want to look at is Toe, camber, Total Toe and Cross Camber front and rear.

Camber can be managed easily with tyre rotations (admittedly it becomes difficult once you have directionals/assymetric tyres). SAI & Included angle is immaterial for the application for want of a better phrase.

As for $69 thats not bad, I usually get between $149 and $89 per alignment... ;D

evowrx']

- Brake Check

- Anti-Freeze Check

- Battery Check

- Wheel Alignment

[/size]

here is the info you were after :D someone might want to stick this somewhere we can all access quite readily :D the specs we use are from hunter engineering in the US as those the machines we use for our alignment. no more lasers all cameras :D

dsc01539we.jpg

Replaced faulty thermostat, cleaned out all the coolant lines, radiator etc etc. Hopefully it will stop breaking down now, bloody starlet.

VADZTER']

- Brake Check

- Anti-Freeze Check

- Battery Check

- Wheel Alignment

[/size]

here is the info you were after :D someone might want to stick this somewhere we can all access quite readily :D the specs we use are from hunter engineering in the US as those the machines we use for our alignment. no more lasers all cameras :D

dsc01539we.jpg

We get the latest as well, make sure the tech selects the right Jap/NZ model as there is a trap I tell ya!

As subieboy said that\'s some weird US spec.

But not as weird as that Tyre Power sheet.

Some guys like to setup road cars with compensation for heavily cambered NZ roads but -1°12\'/0°03\' is plain ridiculous.

GC8s are usually setup with more negative camber on the front.

Purchased some 3" alloy piping to get my intake made as I found i\'ve worn a hole in my air filter from forcing it against the body, need a 45 degree reducer but they\'re stupid expensive. And now an air filter too

Found an sti wing for a reasonable price finally.

And my diff was sent on its way today too :)