Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

That looks dam Nice aye, I like the way mine spools & i bet that's Crazy as.

I went & looked at possibly my next engine a v4 forged block & heads, not sure if the heads are shim over or under though, it didnt have a red top manifold so wasn't an sti, smooth faced heads & the price is right too 8)

I drove 40 ish open road K's some were 12.3psi & 16.6psi burst's & it drank almost 15litres 'not dollars' it's running a little rich cruising (11.6-13.3 afr) but it is running really nice, seems to pull well too

a little fine tuning i hope will sort it out, maybe a job for jase sometime :D

nztintin said:

The only thing i noticed was fuel usage dropped on open road trips, power was the same (running on the dyno i've had the fault code come up after an ecu reset, no power change) i've had o2 sensor issues since i got my foz, fixed it once then its crapped out again, not worth getting a new o2 sensor for the amount of "extra" fuel i'd use. Last time i got a free o2 sensor ;)

o2 is ignored on WOT hence no change in power - is only used during cruise / idle

dude thats messed up, easy to get the oil smell through the heaters but actual oil.... looks very dark in colour like engine oil, does it come on when your heater is on or your air con only? just out of curiousity

Divine said:

If you have recycle air on, does it lessen the problem?

Had the problem with exhaust smell, turned on recycle air cabin air and no more problems!

its actual oil though, not jsut the smell

CIutch Nade said:

dude thats messed up, easy to get the oil smell through the heaters but actual oil.... looks very dark in colour like engine oil, does it come on when your heater is on or your air con only? just out of curiousity

yea it is messed up dude :( i could replace the whole heater core as i got another one anyway but dont want to ruin that one if the problem is not heater core :-/ oil has actually come out into the footwell >=( just buggered as to how this has happened :-/

CUDDAS said:

did it have an oil presure gauge in it by any chance?

previous owner has left a few holes in the dash where gauges could have been mounted :-/

CUDDAS said:

thats the only thing i could think of that may have led to oil in cabin, may have split/cut line through the firewall...

:-\

this makes sense :-/ would i be right to just replace the heater core? i just dont wanna ruin it and have to pull out dash again :)

Dv8er - FSTWRX said:

Oil Pressure gauge should have just had a sensor/sender on the block and wires to the cabin though. Well that's on the ones I've had experience with at least.

The mechanical ones (cheaper) have a small hose that is filled with pressurised oil that runs through to the back of the gauge.

• General Member
 Koom']

[quote name='Dv8er - FSTWRX said:

Oil Pressure gauge should have just had a sensor/sender on the block and wires to the cabin though. Well that's on the ones I've had experience with at least.

/quote]

The mechanical ones (cheaper) have a small hose that is filled with pressurised oil that runs through to the back of the gauge.

Isnt it illegal to have those in your car? Hence why you see them on the bonnet of some cars?

Not that it would stop your average Muppet I guess.

Johnnynz']

/quote]

Isnt it illegal to have those in your car? Hence why you see them on the bonnet of some cars?

Not that I know of?

Don't know why you'd suggest that "Muppets" would use them? I've used them before. They can use the copper tubing instead of the plastic and lessen the risk of wearing through the tubing if they're dumb enough to run it through a bare hole.

Heaps of classics are driving around with mechanical oil pressure gauges aswell.

Koom']

/quote]

Not that I know of?

Don't know why you'd suggest that "Muppets" would use them? I've used them before. They can use the copper tubing instead of the plastic and lessen the risk of wearing through the tubing if they're dumb enough to run it through a bare hole.

Heaps of classics are driving around with mechanical oil pressure gauges aswell.

I have a small oil line from my engine bay through to the cabin. Engine End disconnected though (as previous owner blew engine and dropped another V2 STI one in and didn't bother reconnecting anything except bare essential stuff.

Hella Flush.

• General Member
 Koom']

/quote]

Not that I know of?

I would have thought the risk of having Hot Oil in cabin would have been a massive deterrent and had read it was illegal to have them in the cabin. Although come to think of it that may have been in an Australian publication (some car magazine with lots of chrome and candy paint a while back).

No offence intended, happy to be schooled on the matter.

my GFB Hybrid BOV arrived today went out to pick a part grabbed a short piece of heater hose ( and a couple of screws & covers that were missing from my front doors), just messaged Pro Wholesale for some 20mm Adaptors, got a piece of Vac hose from Ripco, so i think once they come i should be good to go, i can see what i need to do, might just need a small piece of pipe to join the plumback up

also replaced my midrange drivers in the front doors, am going to go back in & re wire it with better wire sometime this week