Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Tried to do my Gearbox and diff oil today, bought the Multitrax and LSX90, funnel, and oil can, jacked the car up, got the whole car on jackstands.....

Only to find that I cant get the drain bolt off.......

Go buy a breaker bar, only to find it wont fit in the jack handle......

Think "sod it" i'll do the diff, and find that its a 1/2in not 1/4in hole :-[

Then I came upstairs and am leaving the car til its decides to behave itself and be good!

Went round 2 with the muck that has been covering the DeFoz for the last month after waking up this morning to see large patches of dusty mud on it >:(... hopefully I got the last of it. Needs a lot of TLC exterior wise I've found lots of missing paint :-\

Edit: just spent the last 2.5hrs giving my ABS computer a home... I finally got sick of the cable ties holding it just above my clutch pedal and the paranoia that came with it. Also fixed the problem I've been having with my airbag light on my dash, one removed bulb later and hey presto! Problem solved ;D

Guest keltik

Got the AM radio working. One day I hope to upgrade to FM.

Also discovered that it was only the 4WD models that got the adjuster on the rear torsion bar.

Tonights goal is to make heater work.

keltik said:

Got the AM radio working. One day I hope to upgrade to FM.

Also discovered that it was only the 4WD models that got the adjuster on the rear torsion bar.

Tonights goal is to make heater work.

I has the rear end from a 4wd model :)

Guest keltik
 DRFVDR said:

um um um um would have to go look :)

may take piccy

or u could just come up and has a look

Bah you pretty much live on the moon. I know people have gone there but its really far away and cold.

Let my wallet get raped again. Bought oil and fuel filters, oil and upper engine cleaner + a couple of bits to make servicing my brother's car on the weekend easier (bucket and grippy thing to get to the oil filter, V6's SUCK).

Now trying to decide if I can be bothered doing my car today or if I'll do it tomorrow before the AKL meet...

All that was just on the Forester, only things I bought specifically for servicing the Terrano was a bucket thing, oil filter tool and funnel. Hopefully I can get 1/2 the value back off either my brother or parents seeing I'm doing/teaching my brother how to service his car... I need gas for tomorrow haha

On another note, I have come to the conclusion that I need to investigate more thoroughly my exhaust leak, got a face full of upper engine cleaned smoke while I serviced the Forester but couldn't pinpoint exactly where the leak is :-\ all i know is its somewhere under the turbo, so its either the bottom of the down pipe/turbo or the top of the up pipe/turbo. I gave up after burning my hands repeatedly ::)

My idle seems to be a bit more solid thanks to the upper engine cleaner though so I've hopefully fixed at least one of my many little niggly issues.

Guest boostin

The exhaust leak will be the flexy joint on the up-pipe leaking. Common as. Eventually it will leak enough to sound like a tractor.

There should be a hatch in the Terrano's RH front wheel arch to access the oil filter.

boostin said:

The exhaust leak will be the flexy joint on the up-pipe leaking. Common as. Eventually it will leak enough to sound like a tractor.

There should be a hatch in the Terrano's RH front wheel arch to access the oil filter.

Haha that makes it sound even more like a boat! Wonder how much oil it's gonna need... it's the special 3.3L Petrol version.

Guest boostcut
 boostin said:

you mean lh? theyre a slut to do. and about 5-7l of oil

Guest boostin
 matdaymon']

[quote name='boostin said:

b]There should be a hatch in the Terrano's RH front wheel arch to access the oil filter.[/b]

Haha that makes it sound even more like a boat! Wonder how much oil it's gonna need... it's the special 3.3L Petrol version.

Oh hang on, I thought it was one of the old school square D21's. Scratch that comment.

Its a fancy pants 1996 one. He scored it for free from my parents who couldnt be bothered selling it and felt bad that they shouted me a trip to Vietnam (value $4k) in high school and he didnt have that kind of oppertunity... They were a bit shocked when I told them how much they go for on trademe though, esp the 3.3L petrols with bling bullbars etc

mines a D21 3.0l petrol, and I spent ages trying to figure out where the hell the oil filter was when I first got it untill I finally gave up and thought "meh" its a nissan it doesnt need new oil anyhow!, then after somehow managing to snap drivers side front axle, I had the wheel off and noticed a little flap in the inner guard, opened it up, and there it was!! what a stupid place to put an oil filter!