Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Bazza-NZ']

[quote name='ReubenH said:

Upper engine cleaner and oil change today. :)

And how can you not have a power bar kinger, lol. Worth the money, trust me. Def go for a powerbuilt or something, don't go cheaper.

This is a supercheap one. It couldn't handle suspension bolts, lol.

IMG]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa208/Pilot_Reuben/thats-broken-as-bro.jpg[/img]

powerbuilt also do the same, trust me i'm destroyed two of them but they have life time warranty so its all good, just go get another ;D

How the hell have you managed to stuff a powerbuilt one...?

I have put a 4 foot bar on mine and used it to undo the diff flange bolt..

Mind u that is a 1/2" kit..

madmike']

[quote name='Bazza-NZ said:

powerbuilt also do the same, trust me i'm destroyed two of them but they have life time warranty so its all good, just go get another ;D

/quote]

How the hell have you managed to stuff a powerbuilt one...?

I have put a 4 foot bar on mine and used it to undo the diff flange bolt..

Mind u that is a 1/2" kit..

My Powerbuilt one looks similar. Really should go swap it but I'm more likely to upgrade to a man spec powerbar...

Guest keltik

The one an exhaust fitter left in the back of my BC5 has been doing me great for 2 years now. Ive put a bit of a bend in it by using my 6foot bar on it....and i have to hammer the roll pin back into it every now 'n then

Gotta love unbranded free tools :D

driftrex said:

if you can afford it there are definately better brands out there.

I used to love stanley. Well, i adore my massive stanley screwcriver, doubles as an awesome prybar. But their ratchets. I have a stanley socket set, and i've managed to break the second ratchet. It will reverse direction on you as you use it. Fricken annoying.

Stanley also do lifetime warranties, so i just keep taking em back and getting em replaced.

Guest boostcut

repco 3/8th ratchets arnt bad. ive had it for 7 years and its still good. but i also have koken and stahlwille stuff to use when you need a mans tool.

jake_the_muss said:

craftsman. don't think it's easily available here in nz though.

Yep its at bunnings lol I have a few of their tools now

Guest boostin
 DRFVDR said:

to be true only ones i trust are Koken but =dollars

Koken isn't that expensive. Most of my sockets, ratchets etc are Koken. I reckon they're value for money.

Snap On are just a plain rip off. Yes they replace broken tools no questions asked, but I find I tend to lose tools more often than I break them, and Snap On don't cover losing them.

I have got a few Snap On bits, but it's only because I couldn't get what I wanted in other brands, like a long handle fine tooth 3/8 ratchet.

If one uses a torque wrench and replaces the sump plug washer when doing the oil change - you won't need a strongarm next time!

I applied rain-X to the windows... doesn't seem to have done as good a job as I remember (judging by a brief rain shower)

pedro said:

If you cant undo the sump plug with a 17 mm ring spanner your a wimp and need to go to a gym to harden up.

they not that hard to undo,unless done up by a neanderthal bonehead.

Do you get extra points for bending the ring spanner? (it was a cheap one to be fair).

No idea who did the plug up last but phuck it was a mission to get off, ended up getting pissed off and got the rattle gun out lol

Thought they would have stripped the thread before it could get that tight, unless someone put loctite on for some reason. :-[

Changed the drivers side rocker cover gasket today. Easier than I thought. Took longer to drive to Winger in East Tamaki for the parts than actually do the work. The kit is $135 incl GST by the way.