Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

GC8E2DD said:
Wow, nice result Viv. You're bogging on the start line though =P

Yup, first run of the day was a great launch, then every run after that got worse as the rubber on the start line got thicker (the launch above was 3rd or 4th). That's admittedly only using 6500rpm, but when I set it up it was good. But yeah, next time I will try 7k and see if that's any better.

Loren, yup sure. Cos there was 2 seconds more in my ability! Another 50kw though and I would have aimed higher (currently only 179).

Munkvy said:
Yup, first run of the day was a great launch, then every run after that got worse as the rubber on the start line got thicker (the launch above was 3rd or 4th). That's admittedly only using 6500rpm, but when I set it up it was good. But yeah, next time I will try 7k and see if that's any better.

Loren, yup sure. Cos there was 2 seconds more in my ability! Another 50kw though and I would have aimed higher (currently only 179).

Nonetheless it still sounds good! What size straight pipe you got on there?

Munkvy said:

lols... that's a whole lot of modesty from someone who kicked some serious arse consistently all day!

ADIKT said:
Nonetheless it still sounds good! What size straight pipe you got on there?

Just straight 3" pipe. Sounded better with EJ20G heads though!

Loren, I was a little too consistent, launch got worse each run but made up for it further up the hill, but times didn't improve really all day!

PS glad to hear car is behaving now.

Edited by Munkvy

so last night while playing in a friends paddock my gearbox decided not to go into 1st gear. Limped it home (taking off in 2nd) and took the gearbox out today. Went to Auckland and bought me a V3 STI RA box for my 02 WRX Wagon and it came with a TD05 and a starter motor for 180! Was pretty happy with that price considering what i was buying. Tomorrow it all goes back together!

boyracer693 said:
so last night while playing in a friends paddock my gearbox decided not to go into 1st gear. Limped it home (taking off in 2nd) and took the gearbox out today. Went to Auckland and bought me a V3 STI RA box for my 02 WRX Wagon and it came with a TD05 and a starter motor for 180! Was pretty happy with that price considering what i was buying. Tomorrow it all goes back together!

Same ratio box as your rear diff/gearbox that came out?

Munkvy said:
Just straight 3" pipe. Sounded better with EJ20G heads though!

Loren, I was a little too consistent, launch got worse each run but made up for it further up the hill, but times didn't improve really all day!

PS glad to hear car is behaving now.

True, you didn't improve, but my point was you didn't just fluke one really good run to come 3rd.

My car is now going well... but it's still burning some oil... and so STM may refuse or be unable to tune it.

It's booked in on Monday, so based on what happens I will either be getting back into some racing ASAP or

pulling the motor again and splitting the short block this time.

evowrx said:
Same ratio box as your rear diff/gearbox that came out?

Yup but the only thing is is that it has a cable speed sensor as opposed to a electronic one like on my original box. So i might just look for the same box to put in to save issues and hassles with it.

also reverse is a slightly different ratio but that shouldnt matter..Why what are you thinking?

boyracer693 said:
Yup but the only thing is is that it has a cable speed sensor as opposed to a electronic one like on my original box. So i might just look for the same box to put in to save issues and hassles with it.

also reverse is a slightly different ratio but that shouldnt matter..Why what are you thinking?

Just swap sensor over dude. Few less bellhousing bolts but again its fine. Had mismatched ratios in mine when i bought it i had no clue till it was bolted up to a hub dyno and cost me a chunk of money.

loner said:
True, you didn't improve, but my point was you didn't just fluke one really good run to come 3rd.

My car is now going well... but it's still burning some oil... and so STM may refuse or be unable to tune it.

It's booked in on Monday, so based on what happens I will either be getting back into some racing ASAP or

pulling the motor again and splitting the short block this time.

Thanks!

There isn't a huge amount on now for a bit, my next event probably won't be till May now? Well BMW is getting caged, so might do some stuff in that instead as I don't want to take WRX to the track, it never seems to survive!

evowrx said:
Just swap sensor over dude. Few less bellhousing bolts but again its fine. Had mismatched ratios in mine when i bought it i had no clue till it was bolted up to a hub dyno and cost me a chunk of money.

I ran into an issue when swapping them over. The electronic sensor was touching the side of the box which didnt let me screw it in further. So i thought i would not force it incase i broke it. I definitely checked the ratios and everything is the same bar reverse. 4.44 final drive ratio.

Sold the wagon

Bought a runabout - all $1800, 130kw and 950kg of it, haha. Maximum gokart spec boobaa action, have many pipe dreams for track hack antics

Even has no sound deadening and pimp recaros

And looks like I borrowed it from the mum in law (no, really)

image-20160326_181401_zpspbdar2tc.jpg