Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

HOTREX needs help!

Hey guys, I know absolutely nothing about mags except that mine are far too shiny.

Would some standard mags look better? My car is currently on superlow lowering springs and my mags are 17" with low profile tyres. How much smaller (mags) can I go without getting the ugly guard gap I had prior to lowering?

I don't want to spend more than $500

47388_10150245896935083_863610082_145029

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Wheels-tyres/Alloy-wheels/auction-347460523.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Wheels-tyres/Alloy-wheels/auction-346507144.htm

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

subaru-mania said:

Why not get those standard 15s for $100 just so you have some wheels to put on ya car, Sell yah chrome mags and get something like these? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Wheels-tyres/Alloy-wheels/auction-346927857.htm Just an idea :)

I like the white ones! I don't think my chromes would sell for much.. And yeah, I think I'm pretty close to needing new tyres on my mags, so why not do it all at once.

I'm based in Wanganui also.

ShaylaJ']

[quote name='subaru-mania said:

Why not get those standard 15s for $100 just so you have some wheels to put on ya car, Sell yah chrome mags and get something like these? url]http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Wheels-tyres/Alloy-wheels/auction-346927857.htm[/url] Just an idea :)

I like the white ones! I don't think my chromes would sell for much.. And yeah, I think I'm pretty close to needing new tyres on my mags, so why not do it all at once.

I'm based in Wanganui also.

Yu would get atleast 500 if not more for your mags they look tidy in the photo, are they multi studs? But yah those white dtms would look awsome on yur ride!

get some classic 16 inch sti wheels, they will give you the best bang for buck, they can easily be painted any colour to suit your taste an they will likely out perform any other mag at the 500$ mark...

and also tyres will be cheaper than 17s, I doubt youd notice the difference of an inch plus you could corner harder with out any sorta rub

the only ting better than the 16inch sti wheels is the 17inch sti wheels which are around double the price, you might be able to pickup a set for 800$ with some ok tread tyres if you are lucky

alternately there are some cool gtb wheels I think the 2001-2003 gtb wheels look really good on the older subarus

Pelvin said:

And yes, chromies in my opinion = mass fail

In my defence they are what came on the car! Not my choice.. I do like them, but chromes chrome..

those bronz racing stars look pretty nice, at the end of the day if you want em a diffrent colour you could always get em powder coated :) White... hint hint :P Personally i think standard subi mags look weird powder coated as the spokes are to chunky doest give that sporty look..

I think the racing stars would look mint in the bronze and for that price you could get them all fixed up and mint and still be within budget. Alternatively you could change the colour all together and still be relatively close to what you wanted to spend.

The bronze ones are pretty hot, would go well with your white Subaru if you left them bronze.

I think the auction just for the mags so you'd have to get new tyres for them, $500 maynot cover it (though you could find cheaper second hand tyres temperarly)

ShaylaJ said:

..How much smaller (mags) can I go without getting the ugly guard gap I had prior to lowering? ..

FYI

the overall rolling diameter of the rubber stays more or less the same.

smaller rim = thicker profile rubber

larger rim = thinner profile rubber

so the gap between the top of the rubber, and your guard will not change

sure, you can put any odd size on there but i'm talking standard fitments.

I don't have a whole lot of rubber atm. Thanks for the info though. I'm considering buy now for those bronze rims, just another thing my credit card would hate me for tho..

ShaylaJ said:

I don't have a whole lot of rubber atm. Thanks for the info though. I'm considering buy now for those bronze rims, just another thing my credit card would hate me for tho..

Yeah but you buy new wheels, you sell the old ones and you either comeout better off, or it works out you paid bugger all for new wheels