Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

evowrx said:

Good idea. Have transported a queen mattress on top of a corolla held on by hand. Must be legit didnt get pulled up but then didnt see any cops either.

Have you started drinking already bro hahaha

Re no bonnet - give it a whirl but you can get ticketed for it so dont come crying to us haha

Yes absolutely get ticketed for it - you wouldnt get a wof - you can then get a greeny - over to you

If your current one is getting chucked drive with it on, swap them onsite... fold the old one in half and take it home again hahaha

Marky']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Good idea. Have transported a queen mattress on top of a corolla held on by hand. Must be legit b]didnt get pulled up but then didnt see any cops either.[/b]

Re no bonnet - give it a whirl but you can get ticketed for it so dont come crying to us haha

Yes absolutely get ticketed for it - you wouldnt get a wof - you can then get a greeny - over to you

If your current one is getting chucked drive with it on, swap them onsite... fold the old one in half and take it home again hahaha

I should ask you them same q lol. But yea even if youre running down the shop to get a new exhaust so you have the old one off you technically can get a greeny which can open a whoopass can of gremlin monsters.

sobanoodle']

[quote name='sobanoodle said:

I need a set of swaybar bushes to go on my Cusco bars (front 22mm size=4]rear 23mm[/size] ??? same as Marky\'s ???) How much should I expect paying for Whiteline/Nolathane/Noltec and who\'s the best price/quality wise to deal with? Student budget these days, you know the story... :-\ :D

Where did you get a 23mm rear? their catalog only shows 18mm for legacy BE/BH

99% sure they\'re cusco ones, might be 22 not 23 (hard to measure accurately without being under the car or having a wheel off.

Marky got the same set of swaybars on his

Suspension / Wheels:

Bilsteins & Tein springs

Cusco front and rear swaybars (23mm and 22mm approx) - nolathane bushes & alloy links

ADVAN RGII alloys - 17x7.5

Bear in mind I\'m not so good with stuff like reading or numbers

Will go outside and vernierify it in a minute

• Admin
 evowrx']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Good idea. Have transported a queen mattress on top of a corolla held on by hand. Must be legit b]didnt get pulled up but then didnt see any cops either.[/b]

I should ask you them same q lol. But yea even if youre running down the shop to get a new exhaust so you have the old one off you technically can get a greeny which can open a whoopass can of gremlin monsters.

Ahem, if you are operating the vehicle for the sole purpose of taking the vehicle to a place of repair, in order to bring the vehicle into compliance, and it is safe to do so, then you are OK.

EDIT: Driving without a bonnet, maybe not "safe to do so"

was i dumb to turn down a EVO5 with no wof and rego that hasn\'t had a wof for 30,000kms and needs some work as its only boosting at 6psi?

i have know idea about evo\'s i was told there very expensive to repair as there limited addition compared to the wrx but then again i only have a wrx on the rego card.

Guest hate-evoz

haha,limited edition? nah an evo5s an evo5..

Id say if the regos on hold, and the motors healthy and gearbox and clutch a sweet then yeah but all depends you wouldn\'t want to swap your nice running car for someone elses problems!

Yes, it was dumb

Haha

Even if you had to replace engine and box outright - call it $4k tops - it\'d still "probably" be worth more than your wagon (evo 5\'s are normally 12-15k mark, ish)

But does not sound like a good buy if you needed something long term / reliable

Soobanoodle / B42000 - rear swaybar is actually 18mm, I just can\'t read or use calipers properly

Marky said:

Soobanoodle / B42000 - rear swaybar is actually 18mm, I just can\'t read or use calipers properly

i thought it would be 18mm :D

i believe i have the same one as well in the back but wanna find something like 22mm to replace it with!

B4 2000']

[quote name='Marky said:

/quote]

i thought it would be 18mm :D

i believe i have the same one as well in the back but wanna find something like 22mm to replace it with!

;D ok then I don\'t have the same set up as Marky, mine is defo 22-23 ::) Way thicker than a stock one (btw how thick is stock?)

Marky said:

Yes, it was dumb

Haha

Even if you had to replace engine and box outright - call it $4k tops - it\'d still "probably" be worth more than your wagon (evo 5\'s are normally 12-15k mark, ish)

But does not sound like a good buy if you needed something long term / reliable

this is what i thought :-X

man i hate doubting myself :P

evowrx']

[quote name='Marky said:

Yes, it was dumb

/quote]

What he said. Looks bloody tidy a year ago.

yeah a lot rougher now after being in impound so many times as they have no license

the parts on trademe aren\'t very cheap compared to other evo\'s like the 1 2 3 4

Alright, as for picking up the bonnet in my gc8. I am gonna try fit it in the back of my car. I have taken out my center console, rear seats and front passenger seat just to pathetically try and fit the bonnet in the car. will report how it goes.

• Guest locked this topic