Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

A_Tiny_Chipmunk said:

Whats the reasoning behind silcone intake pipes. are is there much point replacing a factory one if theres no problems with it? (got a good offer)

Yea plastic ones go hard with age and break when you look at them. The rubber on turbo inlet is pretty weak also. The silicone ones are a bit bigger usually and give higher air flow potential.

• General Member
 A_Tiny_Chipmunk said:

Does the better flow really make much differnce when the car is close to standard? (v8 sti)

On my GC8 yes to sound, big difference. Performance increase felt like a small increase but might have been placebo from the cool noise it made lol.

What was updated (apart from the obvious face lift and interior) between the V4 to the V5/V6 shape WRX and STI?

Was their any suspension/steering updates?

Have Owned V4s and V7s but never a V5/V6 but am looking at getting one.

A_Tiny_Chipmunk said:

Whats better, a PBMS sump or this one??

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/engines/auction-626775504.htm

Bascily baffled vs gated?

There\'s been a bit of conversation about those on here in the past and i personally don\'t like those ones as they don\'t have any extra baffling around the pickup to prevent surge, they\'re just a larger capacity sump which may help for cooling if you don\'t have an oil cooler

Koom']

[quote name='A_Tiny_Chipmunk said:

Whats better, a PBMS sump or this one??

url]http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/engines/auction-626775504.htm[/url]

Bascily baffled vs gated?

There\'s been a bit of conversation about those on here in the past and i personally don\'t like those ones as they don\'t have any extra baffling around the pickup to prevent surge, they\'re just a larger capacity sump which may help for cooling if you don\'t have an oil cooler

Ok called PBMS, gunna get one of them, i have a spare sump, ill clean it up and send it away tomorrow.

Ta ;)

Open up where fuel pump goes; get another fuel pump with apower supply for it and a hose on the end of it pump it out into a fuel container.

@Kiwi_Fozze; I don\'t think modern fuel tanks have the plugs in them anymore; I think it\'s an attempt to stop people emptying cars of fuel too easily

rex-leggy']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Drop the tank.

/quote]

Lol nah!

dropping the tank will take ages!

drill a hole and slap some need it in after lol

Put car on chassis rotisserie thingy and tip it up till it pisses out the hose? In past have seen gas siphoned or the shake tubes that suck it out work.

ADIKT']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Drop the tank.

/quote]

Lol nah!

dropping the tank will take ages!

drill a hole and slap some need it in after lol

sounds dodge drilling into a fuel tank haha

Just blow a hole with gas torch then weld it up?

• Guest locked this topic