evowrx']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Drop the tank.

/quote]

Lol nah!

dropping the tank will take ages!

drill a hole and slap some need it in after lol

sounds dodge drilling into a fuel tank haha

Just blow a hole with gas torch then weld it up?

Make a video tutorial for us to follow, sounds difficult.

94 Leone']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Drop the tank.

/quote]

Lol nah!

dropping the tank will take ages!

drill a hole and slap some need it in after lol

sounds dodge drilling into a fuel tank haha

Just blow a hole with gas torch then weld it up?

Make a video tutorial for us to follow, sounds difficult.

Really difficult but especially for me as I have neither implement.

I can\'t imagine any good results (edit... good for those nearby. For youtube views I imagine it\'d be amazing)

A normal balloon filled with that stuff makes a pretty healthy fireball on it\'s own

Just use the good old trick of soaking it in diesel for a week prior

Regarding the front shocks,

I\'m aware which strut is left and right, however I\'m wanting to know which way the angle in the tops hat should be when I bolt them in. The front top hats spin obviously, and they also have a slight angle. Which makes me think I. Cannot just bolt them in any old which way!

??

as far as i understand, the front tophats are symmetrical. the chassis provides the caster angle.

left and right struts themselves differ at the ABS and brakeline mount tabs, and the bolt holes for camber adjustment

the rear top hats do have an orientation, to match the tophat mount bolt pattern. these are aligned to the strut at assembly, there are markings to help. (GC/GF/BC/BF/BG/BD)

kamineko said:

as far as i understand, the front tophats are symmetrical. the chassis provides the caster angle.

left and right struts themselves differ at the ABS and brakeline mount tabs, and the bolt holes for camber adjustment

the rear top hats do have an orientation, to match the tophat mount bolt pattern. these are aligned to the strut at assembly, there are markings to help. (GC/GF/BC/BF/BG/BD)

Hmmm.. I\'m still baffled. When you look across the top of the top hat and slowly spin it, one side is obviously lower than the other two sides..

There has to be a reason for that..!? :)

The spin has to do with with the wheels turn and the shocks turn as well hence the top hat can spin

The rear one does not spin as it does not need to turn

Anyway the angle changes on the front wheel as It turns

Can\'t remember the technical name of that change of angle but that\'s how It is setup

Can someone remember the name of that angle that the front wheel does as that explains it all

Bumpty']

[quote name='kamineko said:

is this a new or 2ND hand one ?it has prolly just confirmed to the shape it ended up in in the car . It\'s rubber so just put in in which ever way it fits easiest

/quote]

Hmmm.. I\'m still baffled. When you look across the top of the top hat and slowly spin it, one side is obviously lower than the other two sides..

There has to be a reason for that..!? :)

We are borg']

[quote name='D-Style said:

If Iw as to remove a blocked cat on a MY06and replace with straigh pipe(car is bone stock), would it still past WOF?

/quote]

I do not believe so,

Read it somewhere think on STM anything registered pre 2010 could have it removed but I though it was more like late 90\'s.

gf8wagon said:

Okay say for a 97 gc8/gf8?

Whats involved in swaping speed sensors only reason i ask is a mate of mine has a wrx 5speed from a v7 he wants to sell it cheap,would it be a upgrade or nah?

All bolt up fine. Yes the speed sensor is wrong... but take the one out of ur old box and put in the new box. Job done.

Its a simple unwind old one wind in new job. They are newer obviously and not noticabley stronger than late model gc 5 speeds.

bought a lamco boost gauge, 2nd hand, has only short vacuum line, how do I connect the new vacuum line to the old vacuum line? it seems that I can just open up back of boost gauge and take off old line so I need to connect new line to old some how??!?!?

• Guest locked this topic