Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

AdamOst said:

Is there a thread on what suspension is interchangeable with what models, or what needs to be changed.

http://www.subaruspeed.co.nz/products/strut-set-cusco-impreza-01-03 chance or whats needed of fitting, iirc its swapping top hats or something?

into what ? the will fit into most subys with a tophat change.

I have a set of them except the ones I have are actually height adjustable.

the shock body is threaded to adjust ride height which these arnt.

thoes ones in the link posted are preload adjustable

pm me if you\'re interested

About to replace the rare axels with newer ones. The old sirclips have done 190,000kms. Should I replace the sirclips?

Also, I switched over L->R and R->L old axels to get a little moar life out of them. The RH axel never went in all the way. It\'s still stuck out by 5mm. Been like this for 2 months so far and a couple of events. Hasn\'t fallen out. What may have gone wrong?

circlips probably dont near replacing unless they\'ve had pressure on them, very cheap in any respect Al.

if its sticking out it probably wasn\'t pushed in past the circlip :P

are you\'re axles symmetrical in length and stub type or...? its not good having them poke out, eventually mine fell out and ruined the dust seal in the diff and it always weeped fluid :(

Short answer no

Long answer "yes anything is possible but realistically much better off with a v5/6 ecu or plugin aftermarket equivalent"

Apparently quite a lot of differences, enough to make it a pain in the butthole and more trouble than its worth

I have a single strut knocking on my car, its a tein coilover with a rubber (tein) top hat so not pillowball

Noise occurs 100% repeatable at sorta half travel, very distinct "clonk" / thump noise, almost like it bottoms out (but it isnt). I am 100% positive it is not a bush etc, noise followed the strut when swapped left to right, and the stock ones going back in removed it outright. Height is set to about halfway in the range of adjustment and it has the right springs.

Shock does not leak, there is 0 play in any external part of it I can find

Would I be right in assuming "fcked shock send it to autolign for a refurb" or could there be something I am missing

Yeah cant get the top hat off, need to get a tap & die onto the thread. Once apart ill try swapping top hats if the shock itself doesnt seem rooted, least then I can pinpoint the issue

Fcks me off no end, "good condition no knocks" - oh yeah apart from that one when you move the strut lols

funkytown said:

if you get good ones they are ok and Mucho easy to install / remove.

they add 452545 wank points :P

and get a s*** one and they catch fire.. everyone wants that. not.

Sweet, yeah I\'ve already got enough wank points :P Only reason is cutting down on Turbo Removal/Refitting time.

funkytown said:

i run a whopper, twisted, and no heat sheild at all.. that said im not running TMIC either which is its main benefit

I thought Turbo Beanie\'s and Downpipe Wrapping were mainly for Exhaust heat retention? Hot air moves faster than slow air?

• Guest locked this topic