Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

evowrx']

[quote name='paulngui said:

Stayed at Bland Bay once which I think is dog friendly iirc? Don\'t quote me though.

/quote]

Thanks for the info! Looks like a good spot, added to my shortlist.

How far north you going?

Last year we stayed at Rarawa, bloody awesome spot BUT dogs are not allowed so no go this year >:(

The further you go - the less people you see (apart from Cape Reinga - awfully crowded since they built a proper road all the way up).

Shortlisted Bland bay, thanks paulngui ;) (still need to call them to confirm) and Houhora heads.

sobanoodle']

[quote name='paulngui said:

Stayed at Bland Bay once which I think is dog friendly iirc? Don\'t quote me though.

/quote]

Thanks for the info! Looks like a good spot, added to my shortlist.

How far north you going?

Last year we stayed at Rarawa, bloody awesome spot BUT dogs are not allowed so no go this year >:(

The further you go - the less people you see (apart from Cape Reinga - awfully crowded since they built a proper road all the way up).

Shortlisted Bland bay, thanks paulngui ;) (still need to call them to confirm) and Houhora heads.

It\'s a pretty sweet spot if you do go, good for kayaking and fishing if you or anyone you know has gear :)

QRAF said:

does anyone know much about the audi A4 2.6L wagons getting one on the 3rd for the mrs.

needs a right rear tail light from all I know and the air con re gassed.

V6 ? will be hard on gas my mrs had an earlier one and it guzzled it, also could only run on 96 or greater, the later ones may be 91 suitable.

If it is a jap import one some parts may be hard to get as they were more euro spec than what we got here.

yeah as far as I\'m aware its a v6 I\'ve been told the motors are a lot stronger than the 2.3 and 1.8 but when they do go wrong there expensive to fix as the parts aren\'t so readily available.

the brother in law upgraded to a S4 wagon which goes hard.

Roo said:

Lol the amount of people I get telling me "it\'ll just need re-gassed"

A4\'s are chronic for leaking evaporators and it\'s a very pricey job. Kensair tell us to allow 9 hours labour or something like that

Yup in my experience the "gas" does not just disappear :) it leaks out which means a leak will need to be fixed first could be simple and cheap or could be expensive ( it being an Audi I would think expensive)

• General Member

Anyone got a clutch recommendation for a v5 WRX running a bit more than stock power?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/clutches/auction-679991452.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/clutches/auction-680249310.htm

Are these good options and if so is the second option worth paying more for? From memory its got an Excedy clutch in it now.

• General Member

Alright well those numbers being thrown around mean genuine or Exedy will do fine.

But general consensus I can get a better price than the $500+ on the two links I listed? I might try BNT even, they gave me 40% off my last set of brakepads so might score a deal there.

ideal = clean surfaces and a good gasket

acceptable = clean surfaces use sealant and no gasket .

you woulda been able to tell if it was leaking . would a been staining/gunge from crank case gasses getting blown out it . mighta made funny noises on boost

assuming it was flat and tight it wouldnt have been the end of the world

also placed this on my build thread. just want to know

with the Ver8 heads can i still use the avcs and run a single scroll up pipe and turbo. the motor will still have the all the AVCS gear just want to use a single scroll turbo and up pipe ??

• Guest locked this topic