Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Car failed a warrant on a damaged front right tyre (wtf how did that happen) & an exhaust leak.

In terms of the leak, would it be as simple as a small weld touch up? Or is there going to be more to it than that? It\'s heading to Subaru tomorrow but I\'m just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Really hoping they\'re not going to be giving me a call to come in and choose a new exhaust system :-\

bnneie said:

Car failed a warrant on a damaged front right tyre (wtf how did that happen) & an exhaust leak.

In terms of the leak, would it be as simple as a small weld touch up? Or is there going to be more to it than that? It\'s heading to Subaru tomorrow but I\'m just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Really hoping they\'re not going to be giving me a call to come in and choose a new exhaust system :-\

depends how big leak is. Or if it\'s a gasket

ADIKT']

[quote name='bnneie said:

/quote]depends how big leak is. Or if it\'s a gasket

Yeah, figured as much. I don\'t have the current tools necesscary to get under there and have a look for myself currently so I guess I\'ll have to drop it off & cross my fingers.

bnneie']

[quote name='bnneie said:

/quote]depends how big leak is. Or if it\'s a gasket

Yeah, figured as much. I don\'t have the current tools necesscary to get under there and have a look for myself currently so I guess I\'ll have to drop it off & cross my fingers.

have a chat to the WOF people they should be able to tell you where the leak is and te best way to fix. It could be a simple gasket (cheap) or even a small hole a welder could fix.

evowrx said:

You have a jack and a pair of hands that will locate the leak. Ask the wof guys where tho so you know which end of the car to jack up. You can see where the leak is anyway it has that black exhausty stain around it.

I\'m gonna\' take it in tomorrow and get them to assess it for me, do the service & decide whether I want them to fix it up for me or whether it\'ll be something easy enough to do myself.

bg5 has a seperate button in the same assembly as the mirror controls .

not so much "heater mirrors" as hot mirrors lol

turn it on and shortly after there will be steam coming off . has more than once caught my eye and given me the "fk whats on fire now" feeling

in a early model wrx 96 that\'s had a sti motor put into it keeps having the temp sensor pop up even tho the actual temp sensor was replaced and its running retarded as the 4th injector isn\'t firing.

from what I\'ve asked is the computer has been changed to a sti one so I\'m guessing some of the issues lie there just thought I\'d ask the question here?

lachlan said:

bg5 has a seperate button in the same assembly as the mirror controls .

not so much "heater mirrors" as hot mirrors lol

turn it on and shortly after there will be steam coming off . has more than once caught my eye and given me the "fk whats on fire now" feeling

Real? The ones on my BP are rubbish compared to the ones on my old Caldina. Those were good enough to clear rain, let alone mist.

QRAF said:

in a early model wrx 96 that\'s had a sti motor put into it keeps having the temp sensor pop up even tho the actual temp sensor was replaced and its running retarded as the 4th injector isn\'t firing.

from what I\'ve asked is the computer has been changed to a sti one so I\'m guessing some of the issues lie there just thought I\'d ask the question here?

Could be different part numbers for the Coolant temp sensors between the 2 motors giving out the wrong voltages for the new ECU/motor? Check the sensors match up maybe?

• Guest locked this topic