• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

94 Leone']

[quote name='94 Leone said:

my bluetooth obd2 reader works on my mates blitzen 6. torque app for logging

/quote]

Nz new blitzen?

Yeah, would an nz new J2 allow obd2 connectivity?

should do, as it\'s international spec not jdm spec.

jdm didn\'t have to comply to the international requirement for obd11, so used their own SSM protocol which has faster polling rate than obd11.

94 Leone said:

So, If I can source an nzdm J2 (then swap cam and crank sensor wires or whatever that mod was to let it start) i could then use my obdii bluetooth dongle thingy to log? Sweet.

The voices in my head told me to...

Only need to swap Cam and Crank if you get a Black Version 6 J2 (immobiliser).

Rosssub']

[quote name='94 Leone said:

So, If I can source an nzdm J2 (then swap cam and crank sensor wires or whatever that mod was to let it start) i could then use my obdii bluetooth dongle thingy to log? Sweet.

The voices in my head told me to...

/quote]

Only need to swap Cam and Crank if you get a Black Version 6 J2 (immobiliser).

Awesome! Yeah, now to find me a black J2 :D

So one day it the not too distant future I would like to do a rebuild of my ej207 2001. When the time comes how much money would I save by sourcing my own parts etc, compare to goin to a engine builder? Not looking to make crazy power, maybe high 200\'s. Like is it worth while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lostnzder said:

So one day it the not too distant future I would like to do a rebuild of my ej207 2001. When the time comes how much money would I save by sourcing my own parts etc, compare to goin to a engine builder? Not looking to make crazy power, maybe high 200\'s. Like is it worth while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk to Richard and Jason :P

My Primary has had a slight whine for a while now and has got noticeably worse over the past week or three. So if I was wanting to replace my primary vf13 with something a bit bigger & badder, what would you recommend?

If I understand correctly, it\'s a BB turbo and the centre cartridge section is not rebuildable as IHI do not supply spare ball bearings, correct? Would a vf18 work? Same housing?

What about swapping the turbine + compressor housings from a vf19 onto an 18, as I believe finding a good condition vf18 is hard to come by?

all the primary turbos are plain bearing .

with a bit of cunning you can put a vf14 into that exhaust housing . its the same size but its bb core and will have had half the use that all the vf13\'s have had

its prolly not ideal upsize only one of the turbos also

Or pick up the later model ones, the VF26 & 27 are the biggest legacy turbos

PM Telemekas, he knows all the crazy combos you can do (like which cores bolt to which housings)

Bear in mind which exh housings have or dont have a wastegate flapper too mind you

OK so...

Turned car on this morning - had a bit of a rough idle - wasn\'t to concerned about it

Drove to work OK (2min drive)

Got in my car at lunch to go get a feed - once again rough idle - except this time it was worse (reading -12inhg on gauge - should be -20inhg at idle warm and cold)

So had a bit of a play and fiddle looking for any obvious leaks - couldn\'t see shit

So thought I would jump in and see if I can make the 2min drive home - pulled out into middle of road like a nana

Then the car sorta jerked a little and died in the middle of the road (managed to roll into a driveway)

So I started her again (literally 1 min away from home) started fine and what not (forgot to look at vacuum on gauge) but seemed to be idling a whole lot better - so drove it home.

Had another look when I got home and still couldn\'t find anything - no obvious leaks or anything

While the car was off I pulled out each lead from the coil pack one by one and re-inserted them in the same order

I checked oil and it was a little low - so topped her up

Then I started her up and she was like normal ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? Drove to work all OK :-\

Could the stupid amount of rain we had in Auckland be playing games with my car?

I forgot I didn\'t have a drivers side monsoon shield on the bonnet vent above pod filter - so that probably would have got drenched

Don\'t get why it jerked and died though - felt like an intercooler pipe popping off (im still using top mount) checked them and the all appear fine

Quite possibly moisture issues. Your right head/Plugs/Leads would have been wet from the open vent.

Possibly a Lead or wet plug shorting onto the Head, once dried out it all came right. :-\

Or wet AFM plug or wet AFM?

Edit: I\'ve had the same symptoms after a steam clean or engine degrease/hose. Once dried out it all comes right.

Weak Ignition can cause low Vac readings, also the wet Pod restricting flow.

Rosssub said:

Quite possibly moisture issues. Your right head/Plugs/Leads would have been wet from the open vent.

Possibly a Lead or wet plug shorting onto the Head, once dried out it all came right. :-\

Or wet AFM plug or wet AFM?

Edit: I\'ve had the same symptoms after a steam clean or engine degrease/hose. Once dried out it all comes right.

Weak Ignition can cause low Vac readings, also the wet Pod restricting flow.

It was so bad at one point it sounded like I had lumpy as f*ck cams or almost a rotational idle

I have a cover for the vent somewhere... it was from my coupe. This car didn\'t come with one >:(

Oh and had a bit of fun mopping up the oil I spilled down the side of the head haha - couldn\'t be fucked making a funnel and didn\'t have one lying around

• Guest locked this topic