Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

kwi_fozze said:

v5/6 is SSM compliant, not obd2.

plug fits, software doesnt.

you need an ssm capable cable, either tactrix or obdkey, and romraider or similar software to log.

yes, it will log, but not reflash.

don\'t even bother looking for a vagcom cable, or one of those little bluetooth obd2 chips, they all use an elm327 chip which doesnt work with japan import subies pre can-bus

So is Version 7 OBDII, then Version 8 or 9 can-bus?

Rosssub']

[quote name='kwi_fozze said:

v5/6 is SSM compliant, not obd2.

plug fits, software doesnt.

you need an ssm capable cable, either tactrix or obdkey, and romraider or similar software to log.

yes, it will log, but not reflash.

don\'t even bother looking for a vagcom cable, or one of those little bluetooth obd2 chips, they all use an elm327 chip which doesnt work with japan import subies pre can-bus

/quote]

So is Version 7 OBDII, then Version 8 or 9 can-bus?

V7 is ODBII :) No idea on 8/9

kwi_fozze said:

v7/8/9 is all ssm, v10 on (jdm) is canbus

if i understand the international requirements correctly, NZ New V9 *should* be canbus, but could still be ssm. not sure

SSM but not ODBII??

An old member bought a bluetooth ODBII reader for his 02 Legacy, it didn\'t work on it, but it worked on our friends V7 STi??

does anyone have a link to that crazy AE86 build some guy did a while back. It was a swedish guy I think and anyway he did a copy of the formula atlantic build and during the process he also showed off some of his other cars in the shed (GT3 track car etc)

Anyway It was hosted on some NZ forum and the guy just did an incredible job on every aspect of the car. Totally stripped back to bare shell and ended up making something like 200hp atw.

Just want to read that build thread again. never got a chance to take the time to read the whole thing properly.

lunchie said:

does anyone have a link to that crazy AE86 build some guy did a while back. It was a swedish guy I think and anyway he did a copy of the formula atlantic build and during the process he also showed off some of his other cars in the shed (GT3 track car etc)

Anyway It was hosted on some NZ forum and the guy just did an incredible job on every aspect of the car. Totally stripped back to bare shell and ended up making something like 200hp atw.

Just want to read that build thread again. never got a chance to take the time to read the whole thing properly.

This is the one I think mate:

http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/ae86/t/6171/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0

Droolworthy. It\'s not far off the cars in the TRD bible. I still would like to do a honda f20c swap in a levin notch, I did a blacktop 20v build back in the day, somewhat more rewarding to drive than turbo 4wd, albeit slower haha. There was a UK guy on a forum who did a real nice F20C swap, was on jenvey itb\'s, real tasty fab work too. Can\'t find the thread, otherwise would post here.

evljat said:

I\'ve got some, details in my Garage thread. Bypass your TB Coolant lines at the same time. There are new spacers out now for half the price, made of a new material?

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,41035.0.html

Hey guys, does anyone know the cost of lowering spring install?

I can get a decent set of springs, but due to my current situation i am unable to install them myself at all.

So i\'m just looking to see if anyone has had theirs done professionally, how much it cost, and whether that includes a wheel alignment or not etc.

If you know any places in Christchurch or Dunedin that would be even better!

Thanks.

Terroth said:

I can get a decent set of springs, but due to my current situation i am unable to install them myself at all.

So i\'m just looking to see if anyone has had theirs done professionally, how much it cost, and whether that includes a wheel alignment or not etc.

Thanks.

Did cost me $120 @ mag&turbo + alignment on my old car.

Terroth said:

Thanks.

PM SAS on here.

Rosssub said:

What are the dimensions of a Version 7 STI, TB-Manifold bolt holes, centre to centre?

Vertical and horizontal measurements.

Just measured mine (as my manifold was sitting in the lounge lol)... roughly 66mm horizontal, 62mm vertical.

From what I gather the subaru inlet manifolds all have the same spacing for TB mounting??

Tony']

[quote name='Rosssub said:

What are the dimensions of a Version 7 STI, TB-Manifold bolt holes, centre to centre?

Vertical and horizontal measurements.

/quote]

Just measured mine (as my manifold was sitting in the lounge lol)... roughly 66mm horizontal, 62mm vertical.

From what I gather the subaru inlet manifolds all have the same spacing for TB mounting??

Yip, matches my 60mm TT/V5-6 TB perfectly. ;D Thanks Tony.

Rosssub']

[quote name='evljat said:

Has anyone had good results from using intake manifold spacers?

example url]http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/radiators-cooling-systems/auction-717081512.htm[/url]

I\'ve got some, details in my Garage thread. Bypass your TB Coolant lines at the same time. There are new spacers out now for half the price, made of a new material?

You\'re write ups are awesome.

Since I\'ll have the manifold off I might as well throw some of these in and do a coolant by pass.

Do you have a link to the new ones?

evljat']

example url]http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/radiators-cooling-systems/auction-717081512.htm[/url]

Since I\'ll have the manifold off I might as well throw some of these in and do a coolant by pass.

Cheers Man. ;D I can\'t find them now, I\'ll put a link up if I do.

Rosssub']

Cheers Man. ;D I can\'t find them now, I\'ll put a link up if I do.

Pull the coolant lugs out of your TB too:

TB_Mani_ready_001.jpg

• Guest locked this topic