Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

• Admin

Been fiddling with some antenna wires behind the dash to try sus out the reception issues i'm having. Needless to say i'm getting myself nowhere and getting into an even worse hole than i was in to start with.

Now my question is what am i supposed to do with the mesh type wire on a coax cable? Does it need to be in contact with itself throught the length of the cable, even through joins? The internet seems to say both yes and no depending where you look. With the way they all plug in with the sprung metal outer on most i would have thought it does. Or is it just the centre wire that matters.

OK just bought the DW200 and installed it, but seem's like i have lost a bit of power after putting the negative terminal back on the battery (ECU RESET), not quite sure if the previous owner had turned up the boost.. but the car doesn't even have a boost controller. Weird. Can't wait to get a re-flash.

How much is a good electronic boost controller?

Is this any good? : http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/electronics/auction-800261212.htm

or

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/electronics/auction-797228059.htm

Let me know,

Thanks guys.

kwi_fozze said:
Coax screen has to be intact right the way through, and if you can, keep the foil in contact too.

In regards to boost controllers, the gfb ones are fantastic, but you are better off just getting the 3 port solenoid and a retune...

Do you mean this one buddy?

Are they reliable? : http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/turbos/auction-798514887.htm

uwa8nc said:
OK just bought the DW200 and installed it, but seem's like i have lost a bit of power after putting the negative terminal back on the battery (ECU RESET), not quite sure if the previous owner had turned up the boost.. but the car doesn't even have a boost controller. Weird. Can't wait to get a re-flash.

How much is a good electronic boost controller?

Is this any good? : http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/electronics/auction-800261212.htm

or

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/electronics/auction-797228059.htm

Let me know,

Thanks guys.

Didn't we discuss this today and come to the conclusion that it'll be best to just hold off till the reflash? Lol..why so impatient! Just do what evowrx and kwi_fozze said

kwi_fozze said:
Yeah i ment the electronic one. If in a crazy rush, it'll do the job, and you can re-use the valve for stock ecu control whdn it comes time for tune.

I have a part number somewhere for a mac valve 3 port solenoid with subaru plug, will try dig it out

yeah but "Pappu" on here is getting me the GFB Atomic tap tomorrow before my tune as he's tuning the car for me.

uwa8nc said:
yeah but "Pappu" on here is getting me the GFB Atomic tap tomorrow before my tune as he's tuning the car for me.

Just get a mac valve from your local twl or whatever truck store you have close even ring them and find where they stock them. Then snippycutjoinyjoin and you have a higher tech 3 port for less $$$ than manual bleed gfb.

Ok Pappu just replied saying, hes dealt with solenoid's in the past and cannot justify the outlay for it.But he reckons for my mods the atomic tap would be ideal but if i did have a bigger turbo,injectors etc then he reckons i'd need an EBC

Yes, and no. Depends on your usage of the car.

I've used bleed and needle valves, awesome if its just you in the car, but i've had spikes under heavy load, which for me was a deal braker. So i went ebc, basically because it was an easy fix, and i had some spare cash at the time. With the grb, it'll be getting a 3 port valve and a propper tune lol, advantage of si drive means you can effectively have 3 boost mappings

• Admin

Anyone know roughly how long items can be at customs for? Got some stuff from japanparts and their tracking system shows it made it to nz customs on the 24th but haven't heard any more. If they were pinging me for tax I would have thought something would have made it my way by now to tell me

Later model cv joints 2000+ are the axles thicker than the older model ones I got some BH ones that had the abs rings on them but I've been told you can still fit them in older models I've taken the abs and dust ring off and they look like they'll fit no issues

Skatieguy said:
Silicone under intake manifold pipes. Were they ever made for TT BD/BG Legacy's? I see some were made for Rev D/E BE/BH but look like they wouldn't quite work with the older gen.

Telemekas, a member on here had the silicone one you've seen made up. They made a few and are still selling them. Never seen one for a BD/BG but probably wouldn't take much to make it fit.

More details/pics in here:

http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/showthread.php?39690-BE-BH-replacement-inlet-hose-for-TT

• Guest locked this topic