Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Does anyone recommend compression repair products? I was looking at some to add before my trip to Wanaka. Are they worth the money, is there any issues with using them? The car has done about 157k,it runs fine but was thinking it may help run better.

SpeedySub said:
Does anyone recommend compression repair products? I was looking at some to add before my trip to Wanaka. Are they worth the money, is there any issues with using them? The car has done about 157k,it runs fine but was thinking it may help run better.

Don't waste your time or money dude if it runs fine

I would suggest a can of upper engine cleaner from any Subaru dealer

ADIKT said:
Don't waste your time or money dude if it runs fine

I would suggest a can of upper engine cleaner from any Subaru dealer

Sweet, will save my money for more beer on holiday. I have already done the upper engine cleaner, that was a good thing to do, felt the improve response and idled and drove smoother. Will definitely do that again at the next service.

SpeedySub said:
Sweet, will save my money for more beer on holiday. I have already done the upper engine cleaner, that was a good thing to do, felt the improve response and idled and drove smoother. Will definitely do that again at the next service.
Haha yea grab an extra box of nz lager

Upper engine cleaner is amazing

Timmah said:
Isn't the best method to start from the furthered caliper away from the brake res and work your way up?

So, passenger rear > drivers rear > passengers > drivers

most old systems yep;

But thanks to the magic of ABS the way they channel is diagonal so as to not lose brakes on one side completely; or lock up on one side completely to send the car careening off to one side or in a spinning frenzy. (in event of failure)

Ok guy's got a re-flash done by "papuu" on here. He reckons i should be somewhere between the 210-220kw mark. Also have launch control now. Question i have is, the car was pulling alot harder before i put in the new DW200 fuel pump. And we put the negative terminal back onto the battery which would have re-set the ECU right?

Now, would me changing the fuel pump from the stock pump to the DW200 make any difference in boost?...

Please let me know, thanks :)

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd89/deatschwerks/dw200_marketing_card1.jpg

Anyone have an issue of an intermittent clock in a GC? Like driving along and tick it flicks off for a second and then pauses the music(if it is playing) i'm guessing its some wiring behind the dash, but if anyone's had the same issue and knows which wires caused what; to help narrow the search would be mint.

94 Leone said:
Anyone have an issue of an intermittent clock in a GC? Like driving along and tick it flicks off for a second and then pauses the music(if it is playing) i'm guessing its some wiring behind the dash, but if anyone's had the same issue and knows which wires caused what; to help narrow the search would be mint.

Me too prob same issue as sf foz have iirc.

evowrx said:
Me too prob same issue as sf foz have iirc.

Did your speedo read 10% high too?

Haven't got a speedo healer yet; Jaycar don't trust their new units lol the solder up kits were fine but they changed and have had issues.

Also; any links to sf foz issue?

Johnnynz said:
My speedo is out on my v5, was approx 10% higher on stock rims 110kmh was almost bang on 100kmh according to GPS. Not a clue what it is now, I just let people pass me lol.

Yeah same; I've heard of people taking the speedo face off and just getting up to speed and knocking the needle back while its at that speed. Sounds a bit dodgy to me. It is seriously irritating haha; mild OCD

Well weirdly even though 17's have same rolling diameter. Speedo more accurate, the police were kind enough to help me calibrate my speedo and gave me a nice piece of paper to record it.-awkward way to find out it was reading accurate now.(especially since earlier in the day I was following a cop at now what I realise was about 108, and thought he was doing 100 hahah. Good fun.

Any who won some speakers at 4NR and wondering if anyone has installed speakers in the the back doors of a GC8?

Or too much hassle? 42mm deep.

Will running 95 Octane in my wagon just once even though it's got a Mine's Stage 2 chip in it (which I believe is tuned to 100RON) be sweet?

Edited by Guest

• Guest locked this topic