Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Rosssub said:
Version 7 on the left, version 5/6/BE/BH on the right:

GD_BOV_002.jpg

Wow, thanks alot man. Don't want something too cheap that will cause issue's. Any of you guy's located in Auckland that have a good genuine second hand B.O.V for sale?

Let me know,

Cheers guys :)

Another quick question guy's. I have only had the car for a few days and yesterday when i put the foot down and took it up to 6000 rev's for a split second i saw the engine check light came on, and then went off.

What error code did it throw you guy's reckon? And is it normal?

Let me know, cheers.

• Admin
 uwa8nc said:
Another quick question guy's. I have only had the car for a few days and yesterday when i put the foot down and took it up to 6000 rev's for a split second i saw the engine check light came on, and then went off.

What error code did it throw you guy's reckon? And is it normal?

Let me know, cheers.

What petrol do you have in it? If you're running 95/96 octane, you can get that when it picks up a ****load of knock.

But you've just got a V7 STI right? Are you sure it was the CEL and not the built-in shift light in the cluster?

boon said:
What petrol do you have in it? If you're running 95/96 octane, you can get that when it picks up a ****load of knock.

But you've just got a V7 STI right? Are you sure it was the CEL and not the built-in shift light in the cluster?

Yeah it's a v7 sti wagon. Bought the car 2 day's ago. Just happened once yesterday when i took it up to 6k rev's. Saw the CEL light come on and i'm 100% sure it wasn't the shift light in the gauge cluster :). You guy's reckon it's anything major? Did an AA report before buying the car. Saw the report regarding compression of the cylinders, gasket check ... leak's etc. The AA guy said it was mint. So....

boon said:

Not entirely sure whether the previous owner filled 95 or 98. I'll drop him a text now.

kwi_fozze said:
V7 wont flash codes, has to be scanned. Where are you based? Few people around that can do it for yah. Could be shift light, but it beeps as well, and thats inside the rpm gauge.

Oh, my old forry was DWT633, went down to somewhere south of hamilton iirc

My shift light doesn't beep lol. But it wasn't the shift light. I can tell you that for sure, it was the bright yellow CEL Light that came on once .. I'm based in Auckland/ Lynfield - Blockhouse bay. Any one around the area?..

• General Member
 uwa8nc said:
Hey guy's what would be the ideal B.O.V for a Subaru Impreza V7 2001 Wagon??...

I was thinking either this :

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/turbos/auction-795404653.htm

Or

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/engines/auction-792790315.htm

Please let me know,

Cheers :)

I have the second one, its held 20 PSI for about 2 years now no issues.

My v7 wagon knocked like f**k on 98 with a bit of heat soak.

Also had a hks ssqv on the 7, didnt have issues with it stalling / stumbling idle because of the design of them. Gfb are good, but imho a bov is no good unless you go for a speed density tune, because that calculates manifold pressure instead of measuring airflow. But they a bastard to set up.

If running dov, you also loose response

• Guest locked this topic