Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

rex-leggy']

[quote name='rskikn said:

any one know if those penis pumps work??

/quote] l

lol

well he is from alk must need it :P

actually im from wellington but moved to auckland lol.. but come on can you really have it to big?? hahahaha.. its not how big it is its how you use it... bla bla bla.. yeah right ;)

CIutch Nade said:

Upgrading injectors ? i have found a set that bolt straight in / clip in. but i have a v2 sti ra which im sure has a 5th injector. still running factory ecu. what the best course to take?? cheers BTW like the thread for idiots like me lol

yeah as said, to get the best out of larger injectors you need a tune to suite. some people throw them in and say it works, but its bad practice. also, the 5th injector is not used by the sti-ra ecu and can be ignored.

How do I remove windscreen wipers easy? Tried levering with screwdriver, and upholstery forked screwdriver - but levering off of windscreen or plastic insert would end in disaster. Ended up using a gearpuller - is there an easier way?

DRFVDR said:

I usually just undo nut then lift arm and wiggle it :)

So that's what I'm doing wrong. ;) Yeah, tried that but stuck tighter than... well... you know. Anyway, fixed now. They were rusty, so painted them with black Hammerite. Look a lot better now. Classy :)

why do green cars almost always look hideous/ugly ???

not asking cause im interested in them, but cause every time i see a prius or that honda that look like a prius i just wanna throw up :-[

depends on the car really :) i think they try and make them more slippery for better economy = looks like crap...

interestingly i have been looking at Estimas and one of the options engine wise is a Hybrid,BUT i will prolly go for the 3 litre V6 :)

• 1 month later...
 JoKer said:

why do 'tagged' pictures on Facebook have (photos) next to some names and not others?

its not that you cant stalk thie profile because its not public, I just checked with such a pic

depends on privacy setting of that person

ItsTheRS said:

Heres mine, whats the difference between all AFM, orange-blue-green and whatever else there is ??

Jecs builds AFM sensors for most japanese car manufactures. There is a bunch of internal electronics in the units and I assume the latest design AFM available at Jecs is used in a vehicle production run. Each AFM version has a particular output response to airflow, and the factory ECU map is programmed to suit.

For example the early 1st gen legacy and A/B/C/C2 wrx (ver1-2) AFM's run both shield and signal grounds, the next version AFM is a simplified 3 pin device. starting wrx ver3 (EJ20R engines in the legacy) the 206kw engines had the larger 90mm AFM to aid flow. Ver5/6 change to insert style

The are very sensitive devices. changing the diameter or moving the position of the element within the pipe will skew the output well outside the finely tuned ECU expected parameters. This is why a car runs like **** with a dud AFM. This is also why you can't swap AFM's, and why there are so many different colours to stop you doing so.

A bigger problem is when the output is slightly skewed low, where the motor will run lean. coating the element with oil from an over-oiled filter could cause this. also a non-laminar (rough) airflow over through the AFM from a pod could also skew readings. I know my AFM output was a lot more stable after putting an extension pipe between the pod and AFM.

moral of the story, use the right colour, and give me your broken orange AFM so i can better understand their failure modes :D

Jambun']

[quote name='ItsTheRS said:

Heres mine, whats the difference between all AFM, orange-blue-green and whatever else there is ??

/quote]

Green V1-3? STi (76mm)

Orange V3-x STi (90mm)

Blue and purple I'm unsure about. Legacys?

yeah my leggy runs an orange - 96 RSB

• 3 weeks later...
 ItsTheRS said:

Another dumb question ::)

What is the hose that comes off my intake pipe after the air flow meter for ? Ill take a few pics soon

been answered before numerous times, but

its a baffle that changes the harmonics of the air going through the intake, smoothing airflow which mainly quietens induction noise i believe, but may also help with part throttle cruise response. theres a much larger one before the airfilter inside the guard. Ichiban will have an accurate job description i'm sure.

kamineko']

Another dumb question ::)

What is the hose that comes off my intake pipe after the air flow meter for ? Ill take a few pics soon

/quote]

been answered before numerous times, but

its a baffle that changes the harmonics of the air going through the intake, smoothing airflow which mainly quietens induction noise i believe, but may also help with part throttle cruise response. theres a much larger one before the airfilter inside the guard. Ichiban will have an accurate job description i'm sure.

Why i ask, is because im going to put in a zerosports item which is straight through and wondering if its important or not, seems to go into a steel pipe and up the other side of the manifold into a unti of some sort

Nick_96_RSB']

/quote]

Green V1-3? STi (76mm)

Orange V3-x STi (90mm)

Blue and purple I'm unsure about. Legacys?

yeah my leggy runs an orange - 96 RSB

mines a blue one 4 plug 98 bh legacy.

i do have a q though whats the pin out for the air flow meter? need to hook a terminal velocity module and not sure whcih wire need to fang it into

• Guest locked this topic