Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V11 impreza wrx/sti exhaust thread?

Hi,

I would probably say sorry first if someone had already made a thread similar like to this if so please do lead me and i will delete this post😬.

i have a grb auto sti and would love to see some of the exhaust that you rockin in your v11’s manual or auto. Its hard to choose especially when you dont have an idea yet on what it would sound like in the car. I kinda want to support our local company here which is nzkw but the r400 invidia is definetly something to think about. Hope someone out there can share some inputs or any other brand is welcome to be shared too i am just looking what would be best for bucks and my car. Single or quad exhaust, anything.😃

thank you.

• Like 2

Invidia downpipe and Q300 catback exhaust sounded sick on my car:

Best of both worlds IMO. Not insanely loud, just right. When you're on it, sounds fabulous. 

Edited by Niran
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gripless said:

Being auto first question is have you done the downpipe off the turbo?

Hi grip,

nope, bone stock family car😅, any recommendations will pretty much appreciated.. thank you

1 hour ago, Niran said:

Invidia downpipe and Q300 catback exhaust sounded sick on my car:

Best of both worlds IMO. Not insanely loud, just right. When you're on it, sounds fabulous. 

Damn...🤤 thanks niran, will save this in my option box.. did you get it

from Moonlight?

• Like 1

If you don’t have the downpipe done then you should choose if you want a downpipe and tune first.

Once you do that the car gets a bit more bark and that maybe enough if it’s the family friendly version. 

If you do exhaust and then downpipe you can end up with some drone as you cant select a gear and rpm as well in the auto.

Also the hatch is way worse for drone than the sedan so if you have the sedan you can likely do downpipe and exhaust and have a happy family. Hatch you’ll have an angry wife and kids wear earphones. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/04/2019 at 5:36 PM, nihell said:

Thanks batbaruman will wait for it.. 

thanks for all the response much appreciated

here ya go. cold start on the car. hks exhaust, pbms downpipe, hks intake (tho not sure if that makes change to this cold start idle sound).

haven't yet figured out a nice way to mount camera in there (mounted on the roof scoop bare metal thing in old car) for cool in car POV driving recording, so for now a brief description : after it's warmed up it's a really nice sound, cold starts can be a bit loud (but i do think its kinda cool). once warmed up , cruising around at normal speeds in I or S, you know it's there but it's not over powering anything. in s# with the change in map (might just be cos mines tuned as haven't driven in this configuration while stock), you're pretty much always under boost so it's a bit louder but still not annoyingly loud. turns heads, but still sounds nice in car. i found myself turning down the music and driving a gear lower than usual just cos i loved the sound that much lol. not droney at any point at all regardless of mode/throttle position so that's an added bonus.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Batbaruman said:

here ya go. cold start on the car. hks exhaust, pbms downpipe, hks intake (tho not sure if that makes change to this cold start idle sound).

haven't yet figured out a nice way to mount camera in there (mounted on the roof scoop bare metal thing in old car) for cool in car POV driving recording, so for now a brief description : after it's warmed up it's a really nice sound, cold starts can be a bit loud (but i do think its kinda cool). once warmed up , cruising around at normal speeds in I or S, you know it's there but it's not over powering anything. in s# with the change in map (might just be cos mines tuned as haven't driven in this configuration while stock), you're pretty much always under boost so it's a bit louder but still not annoyingly loud. turns heads, but still sounds nice in car. i found myself turning down the music and driving a gear lower than usual just cos i loved the sound that much lol. not droney at any point at all regardless of mode/throttle position so that's an added bonus.

Wow, didnt realize hks would provide that sound(i guess i have to have the complete set up😬). Thanks bro for the nice input and from the time that you gave just to be in “detail” with your system. I definetly think about this as hks is easy to get too

here in nz.

cheersp

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Omsin said:

Dont get the R400, especially with a catless downpipe, it is EXTREMELY loud and drones like crazy

Welp., 😂 i might just not get a downpipe then hahaha. Just proly intake and a tune and im done.🤞

17 minutes ago, nihell said:

Welp., 😂 i might just not get a downpipe then hahaha. Just proly intake and a tune and im done.🤞

Dont get me wrong it sounds great, it just wont pass a wof with a catless downpipe unless you add another resonator. The resonators on the R400 are tiny and don't do much. The Q300 is the same exhaust but with larger resonators just before the tips

13 minutes ago, Omsin said:

Dont get me wrong it sounds great, it just wont pass a wof with a catless downpipe unless you add another resonator. The resonators on the R400 are tiny and don't do much. The Q300 is the same exhaust but with larger resonators just before the tips

Thanks man! , so would you say it will be fine for wo without the catless? Like just running it with stock dp and all?  Was digging with the Q3 too tbh but lot of reviews that r400 is in between Q3 and the N1 so i went to that.. only few vids of the r400 really and having an AT haven’t had any chance hearing it in this kind of car.

10 hours ago, nihell said:

Definetly will consider it. For now ill wait till it comes and actually bolted it on 🤣

Who did you buy it from in the end? I'm trying to decide if I want to get one now or wait until I have a bit more spare cash in my hand - Only place in NZ i've seen them for sale is from moonlight racing (a bit more than i want to pay tho)

Hi omsin,

it was from moonlight racing, i think they the only one can supply invidia here in nz. Its a bit of a wait too been waiting for approx a month now 😂 . Unless buying straight from aus, which i think will be more expensive and maybe have to pay any custom tax. NZKW offers lesser price, was thinking to get either the straight or their quad before because the price of the invidia are like doubled from their prices, if i went to that route i will have an exhaust and a tune already but theres not much reviews or vid about their exhaust and at the same time was digging in the r400 even before so might as well save more and get what you really want. 

• 1 year later...
On 28/06/2019 at 9:00 AM, nihell said:

Hi omsin,

it was from moonlight racing, i think they the only one can supply invidia here in nz. Its a bit of a wait too been waiting for approx a month now 😂 . Unless buying straight from aus, which i think will be more expensive and maybe have to pay any custom tax. NZKW offers lesser price, was thinking to get either the straight or their quad before because the price of the invidia are like doubled from their prices, if i went to that route i will have an exhaust and a tune already but theres not much reviews or vid about their exhaust and at the same time was digging in the r400 even before so might as well save more and get what you really want. 

I don't know if you were still looking, but I have a grb q300 catback. It was too loud for me as a daily with a pbms downpipe so I removed it. Would let it go for $1000