Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

done the weekendly ritual on the car today..armorall and clean all the interior and clean up and polish the engine bay and wash the outside and wheels...god i hate cleaning the wheels haha...cant be bothered finishing air box today its too hot...gona go take some pics of the car though

WRXONP said:

How did u judge that the HKS was better than the APEXI lol... Cos everyones saying that the apexis flow + filter better than the HKS foam ones?????

well the throttle response is better now and it seems to flow a bit better as well and even seems to get up to full boost quicker, so im quit happy with the hks one compared to the apexi one.

Freddy']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

How did u judge that the HKS was better than the APEXI lol... Cos everyones saying that the apexis flow + filter better than the HKS foam ones?????

/quote]

well the throttle response is better now and it seems to flow a bit better as well and even seems to get up to full boost quicker, so im quit happy with the hks one compared to the apexi one.

haha LOL im sure when we change stuff on our cars we just think it makes a mean difference...im sure i do that LOL

i went from a brand new hks styled foam filter to a apexi pod filter and i thought the apexi was better...it certainly sounds better!!! changed the spool sound (must be something to do with the funnel inside) and is louder too

WRXONP']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

/quote]

haha LOL im sure when we change stuff on our cars we just think it makes a mean difference...im sure i do that LOL

i went from a brand new hks styled foam filter to a apexi pod filter and i thought the apexi was better...it certainly sounds better!!! changed the spool sound (must be something to do with the funnel inside) and is louder too

lol nah im actually 100% sure that the throttle response has become better, I think its because the hks ones are a bit less restrictive...

yeah its made for the smaller afm so it was just attached with 2 bolts and not really working propperly, that might be half the reason why the hks one seems better lol so where did you get the info from, just forums or has someone done some proffesional research as well?

look on google..theres heaps of comparisons... ill post some links later but im off to dinner at the moment lol so cant do it just yet...

and yes if the pod filter wasnt fitting the afm properly that would cause problems from interupting the afm signal + it was probly leaking making all sorts of turbulance etc...

and if it were the smaller kind it would have a smaller internal diameter restricting it

Guest vf20/21bg5

Put in my BKR7ES-8's and v9 coil over plug coils......turned over and compression tested. Hooked up my oil pressure and water temp guages and tested....now its ready for the tuners on teusday :)

• General Member

After 3 weekends of working on others cars finally worked on mine :)

Fixed my draining battery issue, seems turbo timer was the issue, put a new one in and issue all gone. Replaced the battery after as well as it was looking pretty ancient.

Cleaned up the massive paint scrape from where some inconsiderate prat swiped me in a carpark earlier in the week. Managed to get it all off with Desolveit.

Just got to sort out my squealing power steering belt and my day is complete.

Oh I cleaned it too, so many dings and scratches, might be respray time soon.

bro eveyone seems to be asking me where to get one haha..u can get them online for 300..i got mine for less than 50 bucks from strong subaru parts...it was all scoady looking and discoloured....hit it with the auto sol a fair bit and it looks super !!!