Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• General Member

Swapped my rims back form Shayla.

Put a podfilter on my little sisters BF car, created an airbox for it, secured his sub, fixed a knock in his suspension and changed panel filter in mates new Levin.

Productive day... Shame none of it was on my car and its to do list :(

Thank god the pages of rubbish are over :)

Bought a spare airbox today so I can hack it up and make it breeeathe...

Very much looking forward to it.

Guest vf20/21bg5
 Timmah']

[quote name='Munga said:

/quote]

Sounds interesting.

i gather its by installing a pod and getting rid of the airbox alltogether?

DRFVDR said:

my missus has an Audi 100 2.9 v6,which is the previous model,it seems to be reliable enough,no more expensive to fix than a subie :),I would try and find a quattro model for the extra safety/piece of mind :)

looked at Quattros there is a 2.8v6 on there..an A8 but its a bit dated imo.

It only gets driven around town so....meh

CP93MM']

[quote name='Munga said:

/quote]

Sounds interesting.

i gather its by installing a pod and getting rid of the airbox alltogether?

Not at all...pods are dog sh!te, airbox is where it's at.

Either that or the designers of every WRC car in history don't know what they're talking about ;)

Guest vf20/21bg5

hmm interesting, is it not performance is where its at? How about a compromise....turn your airbox into a cold airbox that houses a free flowing k&n or pod ;)

Guest vf20/21bg5

However, unlike Group A, manufacturers are no longer required to build "Homologation Specials" in order to meet approval. The base model need not have the characteristics of the WRC car, as evidenced from cars such the Peugeot 206, 307, Citroën Xsara and Škoda Fabia, which have no road car variant with a turbocharged petrol engine or four wheel drive.

To limit power, all forced induction (turbocharged) cars are fitted with a 34 mm diameter air restrictor before the turbocharger inlet, limiting the air flow to about 10 cubic meters per minute. This air flow limits power output of the engine to 300 hp officially, although the latest WRC engines are believed to produce around 330-340 hp in spite of the air restrictor. With this technologically easy to achieve, engine development is focused towards producing an engine with a very wide powerband (or power curve). Generally speaking, a power output in excess of 300 hp is available from 3000 rpm to the 7500 rpm maximum, with a peak of 330-340 hp at around 5500 rpm. At 2000 rpm, which is the idle speed in "stage" mode, the power output is slightly above 200 hp

Put my Zerosports intake on :)

Yuss have a fully aftermarket intake now :)

i noticed that the turbo spool sounds a bit different compared to the factory pipe...also the compressor surge at light throttle is louder :)

just gotta make the cold air box on sunday now :)

Dadda drove mine.

"*shakes fist* bloody boy racers! Hurting my back, you can feel all the bumps in the road, how do you stand driving this piece of sh!t?"

CP93MM said:

hmm interesting, is it not performance is where its at? How about a compromise....turn your airbox into a cold airbox that houses a free flowing k&n or pod ;)

I'll amend that to "cold air box is where performance is at" then.

I intend to hack it up and give it a secondary feed to make it flow more.

K&N's let through A LOT of dirt and the flow gains are miniscule, they're a gimmick IMO.

All I'm saying is the factory air box, if properly fed, will get you more power than a pod stuck on the end of your AFM.

Yeah WRC's definitely don't run factory boxes. Here's my fav...

http://www.wheels-near-u.co.uk/gallery2/v/new/subaru-impreza-wrc-2007/subaru-2007wrc-enginebay.jpg.html

While not an airbox per-se, you can be sure it's sucking in cold air. Oh, and 300BHP at 3k, wow!

WRXONP said:

Put my Zerosports intake on :)

Yuss have a fully aftermarket intake now :)

i noticed that the turbo spool sounds a bit different compared to the factory pipe...also the compressor surge at light throttle is louder :)

just gotta make the cold air box on sunday now :)

Chuck up some pics when you're done :)

Compressor surge is a nasty thing you definitely don't want...think you're just talking about spool up though.

ShaylaJ said:

Dadda drove mine.

"*shakes fist* bloody boy racers! Hurting my back, you can feel all the bumps in the road, how do you stand driving this piece of sh!t?"

hahaha gold!! lol thats the kind of thing my parents say about my car lol