Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Yes, I had to pay 300 or so dollars. They cleaned out the radiator, and fitted a new coolant tank cap as it was supposedly faulty.

I asked them how a bad cap could cause combustion gasses to be detected in the header tank, but they said they did a TK test and it came back negative. And that they had been out in a few times and it showed no problems and yet i went to the petrol station and back and it started bubbling out the Coolant expansion like a proper Mofo.

They said that they would of had to of done the rad clean and cap anyway when I questioned them, which I suppose is true, but I'm still not best pleased considering a ended up wasting a few hours and fuel to go get a car that was showing the same symptoms it was taken in with.

I just hope it can be sorted, as I've only got enough to do this once and thats all my savings gone, so hopefully everything should go alright now.

Highbrook have got a good reputation and Alex seems pretty embarased, but still I don't know where I stand and what to expect.

Firenza said:

Yep. Only sign is that there is bubbles in the overflow tank which causes coolant to bubble out, and that combustion gasses were detected in the expansion tank (Twice now, once with a machine and now at Highbrook with the TK tester)

you said highbrook said the test was negitive

-smurff

smurff']

[quote name='Firenza said:

Yep. Only sign is that there is bubbles in the overflow tank which causes coolant to bubble out, and that combustion gasses were detected in the expansion tank (Twice now, once with a machine and now at Highbrook with the TK tester)

/quote]

-smurff

That I did, when I went back they did another one while I waited and it came back positive pretty much instantly

Firenza']

/quote]

-smurff

That I did, when I went back they did another one which I waited and it came back positive

ahh ok, my bad, i must has miss read :)

-smurff

Pelvin']

All good, I didnt really make it very clear.

So yes, muchos fun today. Least I've still got my Auto 1500cc Version8 Impreza Courtasy car to keep me amused!

/quote]

Yea, but its prob because I try to drive it like my STi

Didn't you say it was guzzling more then your sti though

Firenza']

All good, I didnt really make it very clear.

So yes, muchos fun today. Least I've still got my Auto 1500cc Version8 Impreza Courtasy car to keep me amused!

/quote]

Didn't you say it was guzzling more then your sti though

Yea, but its prob because I try to drive it like my STi

For shame

Fixed the damaged skirt on the front of my Legacy which had been annoying me since I bought it.

Went from this:

DSCF3530.jpg

After some sanding:

DSCF3533.jpg

To this:

DSCF3534.jpg

Good as new:

DSCF3535.jpg

Took me about 15min and didn't cost me anything as I borrowed some of this bumper paint from my old man:

DSCF3546.jpg

today i went to pick up all my new stuff

then got to work...pulled the turbo and all other asociated bits ,removed my up pipe to heat wrap it and it was farked (stainless steel over size)

so i also had to get one of them too (thanks Marc)

rotated my turbo,braketed my internal,hratwraped the up pipe/cross over pipe + the downpipe....

changed a rack boot and also a batery clamp LOL...

fitted a low km drive shaft

think that it hhah

WRXONP said:

then got to work...pulled the turbo and all other asociated bits ,removed my up pipe to heat wrap it and it was farked (stainless steel over size)

rotated my turbo,braketed my internal,hratwraped the up pipe/cross over pipe + the downpipe....

think that it hhah

Sounds like you had fun haha

^^ top effort bet you slept well hahaha,

Yesterday was our 6th wedding anniversery, & it also was the day i brought my T/smart e-boost, bov,shirt, hks 40mm ext w/gate, in the morning just before the event haha 8),

& while on our honeymoon brought my frontmount (& installed a few frontmounts ;D )

so yesterday took the car out for a spin, came home had a bbq & few beers & watched as they won the rugby

CUDDAS said:

^^ top effort bet you slept well hahaha,

Yesterday was our 6th wedding anniversery, & it also was the day i brought my T/smart e-boost, bov,shirt, hks 40mm ext w/gate, in the morning just before the event haha 8),

& while on our honeymoon brought my frontmount (& installed a few frontmounts ;D )

so yesterday took the car out for a spin, came home had a bbq & few beers & watched as they won the rugby

shit man,must have been an expensive day for you haha

WRXONP said:

think that it hhah

shit sound ike a big mish day for you haha