Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Firenza said:

took my car to highbrook automotive to get the head gaskets done, and picked up my courtasy car.

A boggo spec 2004 Impreza1.5 that keeps telling me off in japanese :P not as bad as it sounds!

have they given you a price on what it will set you back?

Munga']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

Put my Zerosports intake on :)

Yuss have a fully aftermarket intake now :)

i noticed that the turbo spool sounds a bit different compared to the factory pipe...also the compressor surge at light throttle is louder :)

just gotta make the cold air box on sunday now :)

/quote]

Chuck up some pics when you're done :)

Compressor surge is a nasty thing you definitely don't want...think you're just talking about spool up though.

yea not that type of surge...

u know a light turbo chatter when the blow off valve is not opening at light as throttle...

people seem to call it compressor surge too

ShaylaJ said:

Dadda drove mine.

"*shakes fist* bloody boy racers! Hurting my back, you can feel all the bumps in the road, how do you stand driving this piece of sh!t?"

Complete opposite of my parents, I frickin' swear. I drive my cars in a moderate, respectable fashion 99% of the time. They get behind the wheel and I'm constantly reminding them of where they're driving...homg, heroics. Mum's a Scenic Dr fan. ;D

might clean the Bighorn this weekend!

Has not been cleaned since before last ski season so naturally it is disgusting both inside and out lol.

Plus it (probably) has disintegrating baby snacks that have been thrown around the back seat.

I generally drive the Forester when I do drive, but it really is time to give the bighorn some TLC lol

ODB said:

Has not been cleaned since before last ski season so naturally it is disgusting both inside and out lol.

Plus it (probably) has disintegrating baby snacks that have been thrown around the back seat.

I generally drive the Forester when I do drive, but it really is time to give the bighorn some TLC lol

bless ... i cant wait for this

Shale said:

^ Just for added d'awwww factor ;D

Steam clean/rug doctor should make very quick and easy work of the interior. ;D

Yeah i dont think the fabric is actually too bad.

It just has half of Mt Hutts small stones and crap in the footwells, baby shit everywhere and the outside has only been cleaned when it rains so..... yeah it just needs hoovered and cleaned out lol.

ODB']

[quote name='Shale said:

^ Just for added d'awwww factor ;D

Steam clean/rug doctor should make very quick and easy work of the interior. ;D

/quote]

Yeah i dont think the fabric is actually too bad.

It just has half of Mt Hutts small stones and crap in the footwells, baby s*** everywhere and the outside has only been cleaned when it rains so..... yeah it just needs hoovered and cleaned out lol.

probably got some of my rubbish and life in there after our trip last year haha

My surf "fleet" .

Blue one is my road going legal one 3.0L Turbo diesel with some buckshot mud tyres.

Grey one is hte new addition 2.4L turbo diesel, manual, lift kit, 4x4 rims which will get the mud tyres, matt black bonnet and fucked body, perfect for the bush haha.

P2060363.jpg

P2060360.jpg

WRXONP said:

u know a light turbo chatter when the blow off valve is not opening at light as throttle...

Hmmm, no I don't know what you mean..

Does your BOV need a clean? It should operate after any kind of boost condition.

Are you sure it's not just a flutter from your BOV?

funkytown']

[quote name='ODB said:

b]Plus it (probably) has disintegrating baby snacks that have been thrown around the back seat.

[/b]

bless ... i cant wait for this

[me=deathz0r]pukes then jumps out window[/me]

lol

Munga']

/quote]

Does your BOV need a clean? It should operate after any kind of boost condition.

Can't remember where i heard/read (take it as gossip) but "turbo surge" at nil to lite boost is not really a problem.

Anyone else thought this ^ was the case also?

nt_a_foz said:

My surf "fleet" .

Blue one is my road going legal one 3.0L Turbo diesel with some buckshot mud tyres.

Grey one is hte new addition 2.4L turbo diesel, manual, lift kit, 4x4 rims which will get the mud tyres, matt black bonnet and f***ed body, perfect for the bush haha.

P2060363.jpg

P2060360.jpg

Needs a snorkel/bullbar/winches/diff locks :)

put in my new crystal headlights, looks so much better! and removed last bits of the old air intake, time to start building the new airintake with diy cold air box once my new hks podfilter comes in :)

Munga']

/quote]

It is knowen as compressor surge beleave me... Theres a difference between on throttle surge and off throttle surge...

off throttle compressor surge is the air coming back through the turbo and getting "cut up" by the fins and the air coming from the pod filter ch ch ch ch ch....knowen as turbo flutter,off throttle surge,turbo chatter and so on...

my blow off valve is adjusted so it works at anything + pressure at the engine (boost gauge) and i get light compressor surge at 10 vac wen i let off...its not bad for it at such low pressure...it seems to be allright at around 12psi too if u run no bov...but aparently over 1 bar u start to bend the fins on the compressor :P