Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

wasn\'t today, but lastnight; shot a deer in the driveway, and drove down to put it in the back, but as I was turning around up further; I cracked my lip! now the middle piece is kinda cracked out :( I\'ll have to take it off, clean the bugger, sand it and fibrelglass, then get it painted :( or take the lip off until all my gravel bashing is over lol!

single turbo BH5 GT-B = EPIC gravel basher!(handbrake works very well!)

94 Leone said:

wasn\'t today, but lastnight; shot a deer in the driveway, and drove down to put it in the back, but as I was turning around up further; I cracked my lip! now the middle piece is kinda cracked out :( I\'ll have to take it off, clean the bugger, sand it and fibrelglass, then get it painted :( or take the lip off until all my gravel bashing is over lol!

single turbo BH5 GT-B = EPIC gravel basher!(handbrake works very well!)

annnd the deer... you seem to have left half the story off....

yeah, sorry: was a red hind. Cut off the fore and hind quarters, cut out the back steaks, and anyone who likes what\'s left(my dad\'s gotten too lazy in his old(44) age lol) he cant be bothered with stewing as my mum wont eat wild meat anyway :( anyone in the nelson/tasman area that wants the dirty muddy carcass look in the stream down by the corner before/after(depends which way you\'re going) Glenhope lol.

-I\'m staying in murchison for the rest of the school term, and my car is unwarranted, unregistered still at glenhope lol

why not? steam clean is one of the best ways to clean the engine bay as it doesn\'t spray hign pressure water all over the place. it only uses steam. i brought a steam cleaner on trademe for $40. very good and effective as you can see in the pic.

by the way, if you take your car to places like espresso car wash cafe to get it "steam cleaned". all they do is spray high pressure hot water on your engine bay. thats what happened to my mates wrx when he went to get a "steam clean" from them. the engine bay was dripping wet afterwards. those guys are retarded. seriously

I\'ve heard steam cleaning the engine bay premotes rust but it could just be myth should contact myth buster to bust it, i just cover the electricals, alternator with plastic bags and myst spray with garden hose, then spray degreaser, then use a brush to move the harsh dirt and rinse off with another myst spray then start car and take it for a spin to dry faster.

only reason I could see the steam clean affecting rust development, is if there\'s no paint somewhere, and the superheated particles of water manage to oxidise with an unpainted piece of metal, the speed at which the atoms are moving would therefore accelerate rust development more than normal water. but, seeing as it dries quickly, it won\'t spread the same, and you\'d notice it.