Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

after the drive to huia, i had collected enough info for my first major ecu reflash revision. lets see how this goes. added some timing, removed timing from some places, revised boost mapping.

also after doing a f**ktonne of reading, it would appear on the GRB's you don't need to totally remap the wastegate duty cycles etc, if anything you need to add more, as opposed to dropping duty cycles by at least 30%

so, i shall be getting hold of some silicone piping and hopefully next weekend (if i cant get it sooner) i shall be going to 3 port solenoid, hopefully it'll fix the boost spike i've been getting at WOT because of the titanium exhaust. more logging!!!

Car has started throwing a fit massive misfire issues tried re-gapping my plugs twice, changed ignition leads added more grounding points. Sigh.. will be trying a coil pack tomorrow if that doesn't help don't know what to do, pissing me off!

max. said:
Car has started throwing a fit massive misfire issues tried re-gapping my plugs twice, changed ignition leads added more grounding points. Sigh.. will be trying a coil pack tomorrow if that doesn't help don't know what to do, pissing me off!

Might be time for a new AFM.

Rosssub said:
Might be time for a new AFM.

As Clint said running a Link so no AFM, reviewing logs afrs are solid through misifres weird thing is battery voltage drops as RPM increases, from around 13.9/14 volts to 13.4 volts. Battery stuffed or regulator on alternator? Car starts fine every time.

evowrx said:
Ive got a n/a coil pack with adaptor you could borrow. Leads as well if you want to triple check. Wiring issue id say. How did plugs look?

Plugs looked fine, no white or black just nice brown all the way round. Are the n/a ones the same? Have a mate down here with a v5 so might see if i can borrow his one but cheers dude. Was thinking wiring issue as well but i literally haven't touched any wiring except the injector plug wires and they are running fine. When doing a spark test today using pc link spark looked really weak tbh.

• Admin

Full audio install. Amps, sub, speakers, all the wiring so gonna be a long one at this rate. Pulled everything right back so i can have all the cabling tidier this time around.

Yea pretty much just those two bolts. Move the seats completely forward to get to the bolts and then remove the gearstick surround amd you'll see a clip kinda thing there. You'll see some screws there too, not needed for the centre console even though they look like they are. Once the front ones free just give it a firm tug, i normally lift from the back, and it'll come up. Haven't worked out how to separate the handbrake setup yet so just have the whole thing sitting in the drivers seat.

Took it to the strip at 4NR ran a 13.597 1/4 mile. (Eventually) got smashed by evos and gtr's( all gtr's pushing 600hp+ )hahah was good fun. (Free 4NR entry so why not)

32QOx92.jpg

This was my closest in class race: 13.316 was his time.

PxjkLLL.jpg

I did beat a silvia in the "grudge"(open calss for extra race) class; so didn't lose every race haha.

Edited by 94 Leone

mudflaps installed. headlight eyebrow installed. tail lights darkened. 3 port boost solenoid installed and wired.

and the cool bit

jdm spec c boost control and throttle maps merged, avcs is identical, time to reflash and tinker with boost a bit, then dial in more timing

Thats a nice muffler Tim! I like those type, Richard does a very tidy job!

Done first 200kms of run in today on forged block, just got back now very pleased with the way she runs!

018_zps62b95d71.jpg

022_zps4a52a407.jpg

He might remember this ra he fitted the v7 sti 6speed brembos etc to it. It starting to look half decent now was a right mess when i got it..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=791424347

Edited by hijacka