Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Fit front brakes, discs, pads bleed brakes, remove flywheel and clutch, sent to Auckland for overhaul, fit flywheel and clutch, fit gearbox and all part, fill oil, road test. And as a result of all that, today I got a WOF.

So my car is back on the road and going !!

caspros said:

Fit front brakes, discs, pads bleed brakes, remove flywheel and clutch, sent to Auckland for overhaul, fit flywheel and clutch, fit gearbox and all part, fill oil, road test. And as a result of all that, today I got a WOF.

So my car is back on the road and going !!

NICE!!!!!

caspros said:

Cool aye ! Now I need to charge the battery though as sitting there for 2 months odd has made it completely dead. Even a 40min drive wasn't enough to charge it, it stalled as soon as I stopped at my house, and wouldn't restart !

going for a drive will never charge a battery . the alternator wont have enough juice in it to run your car and charge the battery .

wack it on a charger and it may still be sweet ;D

well this is what i got told at the auto sparkys yesterday when the f*^&ing van wouldnt glow. he said it may start again but it will have nowhere near full charge.

rex-leggy']

[quote name='caspros said:

Cool aye ! Now I need to charge the battery though as sitting there for 2 months odd has made it completely dead. Even a 40min drive wasn't enough to charge it, it stalled as soon as I stopped at my house, and wouldn't restart !

/quote]

going for a drive will never charge a battery . the alternator wont have enough juice in it to run your car and charge the battery .

LOL.. Are you serious?

If thats what your getting your alt must be stuffed..

Seriously.. Have a look at what an alternator is capable of discharging vs a battery charger.

madmike']

/quote]

LOL.. Are you serious?

Seriously.. Have a look at what an alternator is capable of discharging vs a battery charger.

well he just said that going for a drive after jumping your car is never going to charge your battery .

i was more meaning a full charge .

it would be worth a go as those dam battery's can be expensive, id wana do my best to save it

rex-leggy']

/quote]

LOL.. Are you serious?

well he just said that going for a drive after jumping your car is never going to charge your battery .

i was more meaning a full charge .

it would be worth a go as those dam battery's can be expensive, id wana do my best to save it

If it didn't charge after a 40min drive i would say it is already dead....

If the car can't charge it what makes you think a 240v one will....

can check the alternator using multimeter & see how many volts it putting out, but sounds like a dead battery to me

i thought once they get below 9v that they are dead & dont charge that well? i'm not an electrician although i wired in a oven & some light's in the garage at our old house ;) (new owners must be stoked to have an oven there) but that just exist's in "cuddas land" works for me 8)

I'm sure other's will add 5c or so :)

CUDDAS said:

can check the alternator using multimeter & see how many volts it putting out, but sounds like a dead battery to me

i thought once they get below 9v that they are dead & dont charge that well? i'm not an electrician although i wired in a oven & some light's in the garage at our old house ;) (new owners must be stoked to have an oven there) but that just exist's in "cuddas land" works for me 8)

I shall try that ! Now to find out how and where the terminals are on the alternator, and get it to run long enough to check !

Also, my battery isn't full size, it looks like something off a motorbike.

CUDDAS said:

lol dodgy home wiring ive had to fix so much over the years (not saying you did it dodgy)

some people seam to think whys the fuse blowing????? i just hookd a plug onto a 10a lighting circuit and i was only using my hair dryer lmao

CUDDAS said:

now why would you be wanting an oven in the garage Cuddas? and what sort of lights are we talking here? hahaha

zarnah']

[quote name='CUDDAS said:

i thought once they get below 9v that they are dead & dont charge that well? i'm not an electrician althoughb] i wired in a oven & some light's in the garage [/b] at our old house ;) (new owners must be stoked to have an oven there) but that just exist's in "cuddas land" works for me 8)

now why would you be wanting an oven in the garage Cuddas? and what sort of lights are we talking here? hahaha

sodiam ;), you know the salt filled ones that you use when working on creating stuff :D well the oven was one of those older types that had the hot glowing rings on top not the flat glass, well it dried paint & "Baked" also heated in winter was real nice :)

good times, good times,

rex-leggy']

[quote name='CUDDAS said:

/quote]

lol dodgy home wiring ive had to fix so much over the years (not saying you did it dodgy)

some people seam to think whys the fuse blowing????? i just hookd a plug onto a 10a lighting circuit and i was only using my hair dryer lmao

So Your a sparky dude?

You should know about charging current then...