MercuryFree']

[quote name='smokn4 said:

locked the doors today :D :D :D

i]been a week unlocked[/i] :D

Porirua: Safe As. :)

Well, I didn't do it, but my girlfriend did this...lol

46310_431375082294_608172294_4666430_341

46595_431375287294_608172294_4666434_573

yea thinking it wasnt a good idea to let her drive aye Rob :-\.....

nevermind tho that'l buff out :P

PS: i gotta silver V1/2 front bumper with spotties for sale if your looking ;D

smokn4 said:

PS: i gotta silver V1/2 front bumper with spotties for sale if your looking ;D

Might hit you up about that later on in the week...going to try and get a wof with it like it is but if it fails then I'll probably be after a 'genuine' bumper to use while I repair the cwest haha

MercuryFree']

[quote name='Shale said:

WHY DID YOU LET HER DRIVE IT, ROB.

/quote]

Haha the first one was her driving along a tyre wall on the staging area at slipway at FIVE K'S AN HOUR (damn wimmen)...the second one was 70km/h + cone.

Aside from that everyone seemed generally impressed by how well she did for her first ever outing...

You of all people shouldn't complain about me giving girls a go Shale ;D

After the sh!t I saw yesterday, I officially give women sh!t for not being able to drive at all. Those of us that can are the exception, not the rule. (Srsly, how do you miss a corner completely, then swing so hard out of the gravel trap that you cross into the path of oncoming traffic??)

Oh well, if she can race that's a good start ;D Now teach her that there's more to the car than the area immediately around the driver ;D

And now at least you can actually get a good-looking front bumper. ;)

Haha I can see this turnining into a women vs men debate, I must admit from attending the women only trackdays for a perve. It was quite interesting in comparison to males, I will admit the males tend crash alot more ;D however the girls were quite often "painfully slow" to watch, unless there was a couple of quarraling sisters then it was and all on guts out battle on the track haha

Woman dont have very good spatial ability, that's why we aren't (usually) good drivers. Also we only see diagrams in two dimensions, unlike males who can read maps in 3 dimensions. It's in our brains!

Depends on statistics wise, if you look at accidents. Women are better drivers then men in regard to accident rates, hence why u guys get cheaper insurance :D. But definitely women spatials are screwed haha, do you know how many bulky items I've had to load into cars at work that just wont fit! Yet the women will be like "if you turn it like this, it could fit" where I can insantly look at a huge object, then look at the honda city and think "Nope that is not going to fit" haha. Can be frustrating having to try and piss around proving it won't fit in, til the women decides that hmmm it actually won't fit :D

Woman dont get cheaper insurance these days. Infact some companies charge more.

They base it on the percentages now.

More men own cars =higher crash total.

Less women own cars = lower crash total

But Women have more crashes per qouta.

aim said:

Heh. Interesting Lou. I always assumed women had fewer crashes :P

Males just appear to be more aggressive.

Fewer crashes in total yes but higher as a percentage in relation to the amount of cars owned by :P

I'm not sure if all insurers have gone this route but I know of a few.

WRXER said:

Or in my case trying to catch that chick in honda on the track haha :D That was one hell of an oops :D

typical:

nick sees girl. nick chases after girl. crash and burn.

:D

Women have a lot more MINOR crashes - read: multi-tasking fail, failing at knowing the corners of the car, panicking in stupid situations; doing generally stupid, brainless things at low speed.

Men have a lot more MAJOR crashes - being too aggressive, road rage, hero-itis, showing off, enjoying the car's power too much; generally being jerks.

Spatial awareness is something that isn't so natural for women; it's part of evolution. We do things extremely well that men fail at, but the flip side is there are things that we royally SUCK at.

For me I've had to learn it all - it's only after years of focusing on it and 130,000km in the same car that I'm able to judge it all accurately and beat the crap out of the car with any form of precision.

And there's also the 'maternal' instinct that kicks in where men would do something ridiculous/dangerous. In-built self-idiocy detector. Doesn't help during parking fails, but stops us from being too nutty (read: fast) on the track unless we can override it.

wrx_lou said:

Woman dont get cheaper insurance these days. Infact some companies charge more.

where'd you find that out? is this a NZ only phenomenon? Never heard that myself.

couldn't find anything that supported you, only found these:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Men-vs.-Women-in-Car-Insurance-Rates&id=249526

http://ezinearticles.com/?Car-Insurance-For-Women---Fact-Vs-Myth&id=1979150

http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/car_insurance_explained/men_vs_women.htm

this agrees with the men drive more bit though:

http://www.insurancerate.com/milemeter-pay-by-mile-car-insurance.php

When my mrs first started driving (this is 6 years ago, shes 24 now) we came down our road to an intersection onto sh1, she panicked and didnt want to pull onto the main road, so she looks in her mirrors, and then proceeds to whack it in reverse and reverses straight into the car behind us, wtf? How do you even come up with such an idea? Oh theres a car behind me, fuck it im gonna reverse into him...

That's what I mean about silly decision-making, zarnah ;D

Remedied by heaps of track time and training IMO.

Oh and ON THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD... I finished reassembling and scrubbing the interior of the BC5. Because the weather was sh!t and the car is parked discretely down the road, I put a blop of Mothers car wash into a spray bottle of water, stood in the pouring rain, and used the spray, a cloth and mother nature to wash the beast :D With sparkling windows, clean interior and glistening paint, it looks loved again!

I just need the front radiator for the WAIC system, an alternator, and a running motor for this beastie now. :)

And then there was the time she was coming up the drive, fucking around in her handbag trying to find the garage door opener, probly putting on her makeup in the mirror with the other hand, and she drove straight into the side of our old wrx which was just minding its own business parked outside the garage....