Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Ah, so there are no off the shelf replacements that are under like a grand? I have all the satellite trackers in car, thought I might be able to utilize them.

Figured if you could but the windscreen suction cup ones, you could buy a single din one without needed it DIY one.

familyman said:

DUMB QUESTION!!: Which kind of grease do I need for the electric window motor? Has become VERY slow and doesn\'t have the power to close past the window seal without opening the door.

A dry glide or similar that isnt sticky so it doesnt get filthy on the rails. If you want grease for the inside of the motor you most likely need a new motor not grease.

familyman said:

DUMB QUESTION!!: Which kind of grease do I need for the electric window motor? Has become VERY slow and doesn\'t have the power to close past the window seal without opening the door.

Get some spray on silicon and spray the window rubber, the glass will slide past the rubber easier then the motor does not have to work so hard :)

DNA said:

Hello all having problem with my car (2000 wrx) - clutch slips in 4th at med to high rpm but does not slip in any other gear at any rpm, just 4th. I have tried making in slip in 1st/2nd/3rd/5th but it doesnt just 4th. Is this a pressure plate problem or low clutch/fluid problem or just ya normal low clutch plate with not much left on it? am i looking at a new clutch kit or just a component of the clutch assembly? cheers

Yes your clutch is slipping ;) More torque load in 4th. It will be slipping in lower gears too. :( Just un noticeable ???

You need 3000lb clamp at least for turbo subaru ;)

Autoclutch auckland. Neill knows best!

DNA']

[quote name='DNA said:

Hello all having problem with my car (2000 wrx) - clutch slips in 4th at med to high rpm but does not slip in any other gear at any rpm, just 4th. I have tried making in slip in 1st/2nd/3rd/5th but it doesnt just 4th. Is this a pressure plate problem or low clutch/fluid problem or just ya normal low clutch plate with not much left on it? am i looking at a new clutch kit or just a component of the clutch assembly? cheers

/quote]

Yes your clutch is slipping ;) More torque load in 4th. It will be slipping in lower gears too. :( Just un noticeable ???

You need 3000lb clamp at least for turbo subaru ;)

Autoclutch auckland. Neill knows best!

thanks for clearing that up. On a tight budget / so was wondering if I can get away with nstalling this clutch or should I look at more exspensive option?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/engines/auction-556615085.htm

Get a genuine sti one theyre cheaper than stock exedy replacement. Just buy the thrust bearing aftermarket theyre $ gen.

That tm chap sells walbro copies instead of genuine and coz that clutch is ubranded I wouldnt hold much faith in that either. NZAD clutches are a bit scary theyre branded d1 in nz but are the same as the f1 clutches in google horror stories.

Marky said:

Is v7 iacv same as v5/6? As in can I use v7 manifold with v5/6/b4 throttle body and stock Ecu?

PM stoffa but dont think so. I think they tie up less of the ecu hence him upgrading but on g4 not stock ecu. Ill have a look in my ecu folder I have some pin outs.

Edit no I dont but am sure theres at least wiring involved so unsure on stock ecu. And why you doing this?

Volcanix said:

Why wont my car start :(, it cranks but doesnt fire, althought when checking for blockages(at uni mind you) it has fuel going to and out of the fuel filter, othertimes its fires without a hitch and acts like nothing happened >.<

has it been stalling on hills or at all lately at a guess it could be your afm.

• Guest locked this topic