Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Guest hate-evoz

copied from google

"They alter caster angle and dynamic camber with it, and they shift the task of controlling nose attitude from the chassis to the suspension"

newsuba']

[quote name='Dave88 said:

Can someone explain what an anti lift kit does and how it works?

Thanks

/quote]

http://www.whiteline.com.au/articles/Effect%20of%20WL%20ALK_b.pdf

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682924

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,7812.0.html

ps try the search . also just do what koom did (bout half way down )

gazzy2000 said:

is all castrol multitrax oil 80w 90? or can you get multitrax 75w 90?

is 80w 90 OK for my 98 STI gearbox

I put 80w90 in my last box same as what you have and its a little notchy when cold. Id go full syn 75w90.

Exhaust manifolds are in three parts right - each head then a crossover - does anyone know if the drivers side bank/collector is the same between tt and single t manifolds?

Random question but someone might have both on hand and be able to fill me in

Marky said:

Exhaust manifolds are in three parts right - each head then a crossover - does anyone know if the drivers side bank/collector is the same between tt and single t manifolds?

Random question but someone might have both on hand and be able to fill me in

I\'m pretty close to 100% sure that I\'ve swapped between them. I know there\'s different shapes for the flowy bits but all the flanges end up in the same spots.

I had a passenger side and crossover which just went in a $30 buy now auction on tm along with gearbox bits/rando parts etc. You really need to open your mouth earlier you could get free stuff lol. Stock s/s up to v8 sti are defo 3 piece though.

The thought occurred to me seeing all the ones at strongs with external flanges pre fitted (stupid strongs, too much stuff I want to buy)

Wanting to go twin vf27s but means fking around with drilling covers and making things trying to make the internal gate work - if I can fit one of those ones on its a simple(ER) proposition and probably an improvement over the factory wg setup anyway

Koom said:

Yeah pretty sure the bushes are all interchangeable. I\'ve swapped between my RS and a few bg5\'s and I\'ve got Impreza once on the RS currently. I think once they leak there\'s no saving them either.

are the front a arm rear mounts fluid filled ? like a castor arm on a nissan ?

i thought they were just a bush . i sprayed crc at the chunts anf it was primo . for about 2 days lol

lachlan']

[quote name='Koom said:

Yeah pretty sure the bushes are all interchangeable. I\'ve swapped between my RS and a few bg5\'s and I\'ve got Impreza once on the RS currently. I think once they leak there\'s no saving them either.

/quote]

i thought they were just a bush . i sprayed crc at the chunts anf it was primo . for about 2 days lol

CRC really? I used synlube on my gear shifter bushes works a treat and also on clutch fork pin and it stays noice and lubed. There is a grease that comes with bushes might be a black moly lith fucked if I can remember but that shit is sticky.

lachlan']

[quote name='Koom said:

/quote]

Dunno. Never really looked that closely at them as I\'ve generally had then replaced with noltec or nolathane bushes.

are water banjos the same as oil banjos?

i.e. i dont have the turbo oil feed banjo bolt that goes on the head side feed, can i use a one that is normally a water banjo (that goes on the head side)

(yes i have the right size banjo for the oil feed at the turbo end)

gazzy2000 said:

i.e. i dont have the turbo oil feed banjo bolt that goes on the head side feed, can i use a one that is normally a water banjo (that goes on the head side)

no :o Bango bolt for turbochargers are oil restrictive and carefully sized to each turbocharger bearing setup and application. ;)

The one into the block wont fit either. As in oil/water or water/oil swap out

titian']

[quote name='gazzy2000 said:

/quote]

no :o Bango bolt for turbochargers are oil restrictive and carefully sized to each turbocharger bearing setup and application. ;)

The one into the block wont fit either. As in oil/water or water/oil swap out

its the banjo at the turbo the determines the restriction, i have the right one for that (turbo end)

the ones at the head end are all there abouts the same and have the gause/filter in them

• Guest locked this topic