Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Timmah said:

Regreased a strut to get rid of this noise over bumps:

However it still persists. Any ideas if I missed something or just have a strut that\'s seen its days?

I followed this guide: https://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/forums/technical-diy-write-ups-faq/152389-diy-re-greasing-v5-sti-inverted-struts.html

The link comes up as a bed spring sound effect? ;D But check things like:

Front control arm, inner front and inner rear bushes.

Sway bar links and sway bar mount bushes.

Ball joints.

Springs seated correctly.

Upper strut tower bolts tight.

Failing that you could assemble the strut without the spring, then slide it through it\'s motion vigorously and see if you can make it knock?

Rosssub']

[quote name='Timmah said:

Regreased a strut to get rid of this noise over bumps: url]

[/url]

However it still persists. Any ideas if I missed something or just have a strut that\'s seen its days?

I followed this guide: https://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/forums/technical-diy-write-ups-faq/152389-diy-re-greasing-v5-sti-inverted-struts.html

Ball joints.

Failing that you could assemble the strut without the spring, then slide it through it\'s motion vigorously and see if you can make it knock?

The link is the sound effect I want to describe. It\'s the passenger rear, but I\'ll double check the sway bar mount bushes have plenty of lube and pull the strut off and get Dacerx or rslegy who have some weight and strength to help see if we can make the noise.

Timmah']

[quote name='Timmah said:

Regreased a strut to get rid of this noise over bumps: url]

[/url]

Ball joints.

The link is the sound effect I want to describe. It\'s the passenger rear, but I\'ll double check the sway bar mount bushes have plenty of lube and pull the strut off and get Dacerx or rslegy who have some weight and strength to help see if we can make the noise.

Ahhh rear. If it sounds like bed springs then it\'ll most likely be a control arm bush, dry or torn. I had pretty much the same noise when I did the nolathane back end.

Take the strut and sway links out then move the rear suspension up and down through full travel. It\'ll show itself.

B4 I was 250T said:

Can I clean BBOD solenoids with electrical contact cleaner or similar?

Use Carby cleaner for vac/bbod solenoids.

AFM cleaner for AFM.

Contact cleaner for electrical contacts or circuit boards.

AdamOst']

[quote name='AdamOst said:

yes but will prob be slightly diff colour

Sweet, in the gc8 models the fronts are the same between wagon/sedan right?

i believe from the front doors forward they are identical

Edit: pretty sure rear doors are same between GC and GF too

I know the tails lights are different. Unsure on rear bumper

Has anyone here played with the low mounted turbos on the late legacy and new wrx? Or retrofitted it to a gc8 or similar? Or just made a low mount manifold? I understand the new legacys\' turbo is somewhat integrated in to the sump and the motor is mounted differently, auxilary oil pump etc etc. I\'m interested in the response gains in it as well as possible torque and power?

• Guest locked this topic