Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Righto chaps and chappettes, I have searched but cannot find the thread or post about de-catting Rev-C GTB Legacy's, I know its on here somewhere!!

Anyway, while I have the exhaust in bits, I was thinking of removing one or both cats.

Just can't remember if it causes any issues with over-boosting or under fueling or if it needs a tune or boost controller etc etc.

What say you savages?:confused:

Percy said:
Righto chaps and chappettes, I have searched but cannot find the thread or post about de-catting Rev-C GTB Legacy's, I know its on here somewhere!!

Anyway, while I have the exhaust in bits, I was thinking of removing one or both cats.

Just can't remember if it causes any issues with over-boosting or under fueling or if it needs a tune or boost controller etc etc.

I have been "told" that you shouldn't decat the primary, something about free boosting?? Don't quote me though amigo, it's not something I've done to mine and I'm wanting aftermarket downpipes anyway ;)

note: centre cat was removed when I bought car but thinking I want 3in straight through anyway

Percy']Righto chaps and chappettes, I have searched but cannot find the thread or post about de-catting Rev-C GTB Legacy's, I know its on here somewhere!!

[quote name='B4 I was 250T said:

I have been "told" that you shouldn't decat the primary, something about free boosting?? Don't quote me though amigo, it's not something I've done to mine and I'm wanting aftermarket downpipes anyway ;)

note: centre cat was removed when I bought car but thinking I want 3in straight through anyway

Just need an aftermarket boost controller. Or port the primary wastegate and play around with different sized restrictor pills in the OEM boost lines.

B4 I was 250T said:
If you port the primary waste gate do you wanna do mine too? :P

I could do!

My cunning plan was to get a newer/ rebuilt primary and port that, would save time over taking my old 230+k turbo out, porting it, then having it lunch itself because of too much lolzy boostage, then having to find another turbo etc etc.

So me needs to acquire a boost controller or pills before de-catting the primary, but the second cat can go to the great cat heaven/ scrap metal no worries!

Invisible said:
They do apparently - I haven't tested to check, but been told by (Subirex) that they do - he's got brembo's on his bp too

I'd be surprised if they actually don't - 315mm stock set-up is not tiny at all. Should try to be 100% sure though, don'r want to stuck in the middle of nowhere one day :D

sobanoodle said:
I'd be surprised if they actually don't - 315mm stock set-up is not tiny at all. Should try to be 100% sure though, don'r want to stuck in the middle of nowhere one day :D

Had a similar issue with a spare not fitting over 4 pots. Had to swap a tyre off the rear to the front, then spare went on the rear.

sobanoodle said:

Its the width of caliper not size of rotor thats the issue isnt it? My setup fits under a 16" sti rim. 315x30mm rotor sumi 4 pot.

Percy said:
I could do!

My cunning plan was to get a newer/ rebuilt primary and port that, would save time over taking my old 230+k turbo out, porting it, then having it lunch itself because of too much lolzy boostage, then having to find another turbo etc etc.

So me needs to acquire a boost controller or pills before de-catting the primary, but the second cat can go to the great cat heaven/ scrap metal no worries!

I have restrictor pills sitting around I believe. I think they're 0.8mm

B4 I was 250T said:
I have restrictor pills sitting around I believe. I think they're 0.8mm

Coolies, cheers dude.:cool:

Also thanks Ross, I thought what you said was the case, just wanted to make sure before doing something silly and causing explosions!:eek:

Koom']Had a similar issue with a spare not fitting over 4 pots. Had to swap a tyre off the rear to the front, then spare went on the rear.

Yep that's the plan.

[quote name='evowrx said:

Its the width of caliper not size of rotor thats the issue isnt it? My setup fits under a 16" sti rim. 315x30mm rotor sumi 4 pot.

It's a bit about concavity too isn't it? The larger the rotor the more the caliper pushed towards the concave part of the rim. Don't think rear Brembo is that much larger/wider than front BLE stock (or your 4pots), same size rotor.

sobanoodle said:
Yep that's the plan.

It's a bit about concavity too isn't it? The larger the rotor the more the caliper pushed towards the concave part of the rim. Don't think rear Brembo is that much larger/wider than front BLE stock (or your 4pots), same size rotor.

Width of caliper/concavity same effect.

• Guest locked this topic