Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

• Admin

Yea one of the three buttons below the mirror adjusting knob to the right of the steering wheel/above fuse cover. Some models/regions didn't have that feature but i'm almost completely sure all jap ones have it

Edited by Andy_Mac

• Admin
 Andy_Mac said:
Yea quite a few nz ones don't, was an option most nz'ers apparently didn't think they'd ever need. Has your one turned up yet?

It's somewhere between Auckland and Wellington. Hopefully complete with a mirror-retract switch.

Getting windscreen replaced on Thursday on a 1998 BH9 wagon. I can't see any heating wires in the windscreen but have found a switch next to the steering wheel which has a windscreen with a wiper blade on it, I'm assuming this might be the heated window/wiper switch and that I have had a replacement screen fitted that wasn't heated. The question is do I order a heated screen? or just go with standard?. Its getting replaced through insurance so not worried about cost.

Is it worthwhile installing a catch can and if so which 1 of the 2 "sort of right ways" as detailed on nasioc is more effective? (i do not intend on using 2 catch cans).

As per NASIOC:

How should a catch can be installed?

There are a variety of ways to install a catch can. There's one right way, two sort-of right ways, and some would argue that at least one common installation method which is wrong.

Sort of right ways:

1) Disconnect the hose which runs between the PCV valve and the turbo inlet pipe. Run a line from the PCV to the catch can, and another line from the catch can to the turbo inlet hose.

2) Disconnect the hose running between the crank case breather lines and the turbo inlet pipe. Run new hose between the breather line and the catch can and another hose between the can and the inlet pipe.

Right way:

Use two catch cans. Configure one as discussed in option one and the other as described in option 2. For optimal effectiveness, this is the way to go.

Wrong way:

Disconnect the PCV<->Inlet line as well as the Crank Vent<->Inlet line. "T" the PCV and Crank vent lines together, and run the remaining end of the "T" to a single nipple on the inlet pipe. Cap the remaining nipple on the inlet. You'll be sending boost into places that definitely shouldn't ever see any. Bad idea.

• Guest locked this topic