Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

BINKZ said:
Anybody know what causes boost gauge needles to be slightly out when the car is turned off? I've got an apexi one that is slightly out and have seen a few other apexi ones do the same?

they are open to atmoshpere and atmosphereic pressure chenges . hence some gauges have a wide line or 2 lines defining a zone that is "0"

or the diagphram or dampening spring in side has been stretched over time in either direction . i open up most of the gauges i see and reset them to 0 either by moving the needle on the spindle or winding the gear off the end of the rack and back on enough teeth away from where it was to make it sit on 0

mechanical gauges are a "bourdon" type gauge if you wannaa google how they work

lachlan said:
they are open to atmoshpere and atmosphereic pressure chenges . hence some gauges have a wide line or 2 lines defining a zone that is "0"

or the diagphram or dampening spring in side has been stretched over time in either direction . i open up most of the gauges i see and reset them to 0 either by moving the needle on the spindle or winding the gear off the end of the rack and back on enough teeth away from where it was to make it sit on 0

mechanical gauges are a "bourdon" type gauge if you wannaa google how they work

Thanks mate

Are there any issues leaving a turbo out of a car for a long period of time? I'm not likely going to get a chance to install replacement VF28 till end of year. Just wondered if would cause problem with seals/bearing etc? Should I pour oil through it every once in awhile or something?

Is there a way I can find what revision a legamacy is just from vin number? Looking at maybe another GTB but finding a few labelled as e-tune which have *most* of the rev-d bits but are still early revision - like they have a backlit dash or facelift lights but are still using the old AFM so can't reflash it

I know I'm looking for the BH5-X number - problem is carjam and motochek don't show the X

Failling that, has anyone tried logging with tactrix cable (or similar) of the older ECU's on here? If I can still log I could just mongrel things a bit on an earlier model with an S-AFC I guess

Marky said:
Is there a way I can find what revision a legamacy is just from vin number? Looking at maybe another GTB but finding a few labelled as e-tune which have *most* of the rev-d bits but are still early revision - like they have a backlit dash or facelift lights but are still using the old AFM so can't reflash it

I know I'm looking for the BH5-X number - problem is carjam and motochek don't show the X

Failling that, has anyone tried logging with tactrix cable (or similar) of the older ECU's on here? If I can still log I could just mongrel things a bit on an earlier model with an S-AFC I guess

Chuck the chassis number through here http://www.japan-partner.com/check-manufacture-year.php

e.g for mine I would throw in BD5-031444 and will come up with BD5C48D.

Grease on the lower arm nipple.

Need to replace the nipple or reboot and grease or is it all G yo?

hLr7fdi.jpg

dYs4hS0.jpg

Going on from that, on partsouq here

It says "complete ball joint" what may this entail. Plug and play as such?

Edited by Jambun

• Guest locked this topic