Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Depends how much blow by oil residue your getting really? I'm guessing in the above how to, he is using the main crankcase breather near the turbo for option #1 and the head breather lines for option #2.

If your doing a single recirculated can, I'd go for option 2 and run the head breathers through it. That way the PCV valve side of the system stays pretty much OEM.

Rosssub said:
Depends how much blow by oil residue your getting really? I'm guessing in the above how to, he is using the main crankcase breather near the turbo for option #1 and the head breather lines for option #2.

If your doing a single recirculated can, I'd go for option 2 and run the head breathers through it. That way the PCV valve side of the system stays pretty much OEM.

Thanks Ross

Take a look at your originals and see what sort of angle they're on, depending on ride height. I set mine to get them as straight/vertical as possible when the cars at normal ride height:

Before:

rtdDygJ.jpg

After:

r1ccvFx.jpg

Difference in length:

71ULG7O.jpg

Set both sides to the identical length too. All pics taken from here:

http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/showthread.php?40238-Oddball-swaybars-and-links-in-BH5

• Admin
 BINKZ said:
Anybody run GDB coilovers on a GC8?

Yup. A few issues:

-The brake hose brackets are different

-The front top hats, while the spacing is the same, the orientation is different, so if they're camber adjustable you'll never be able to get them at 90 degrees to the car so any camber change via the top hat will also change the caster.

-The rear top hats won't fit, 1 bolt is in the wrong place, but you can just change the top hats.

-The GDB (assuming you definitely mean GDB as in V7- Sedan) is wider than the GC8 so the struts will push the top of the wheel out further (i.e. positive camber) on a GC8. The fronts you can usually wind in with the camber bolts but the rears will need some form of aftermarket camber adjustment to get them back to neutral or negative camber.

slystiguy said:
Will running o2 sensor in downpipe rather than headers give issues on v3 sti?

What are the best shocks to run in a gc8?

Dont run it in headers def run it in dp.

Stock sti imo. Ive had 3 sets of adjusties prob just shorten stockers next time.

• Guest locked this topic